The Category Manager is responsible for managing all products in their assigned category during the product’s entire life cycle. This will include planning & forecasting, sourcing and procuring products, product launch, inventory management, price management, margin management, promotions marketing plans and vendor relationship management.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis
- Formulate and implement strategies with regards to the assigned category in line with the stage of the product lifecycle
- Develop core positioning for the products in the category
- Source vendors and maintain positive mutually beneficial relationships
- Coordinate with vendors to obtain incentives and promotional packages.
- Conduct pricing analysis to ensure products in the assigned category are priced competitively at all times
- Periodically scan the market and assess the need for new product and new category opportunities
- Manage the launch of new categories
- Manage and maximize revenue for the assigned category
- Work closely with other departments for execution of: in-store merchandising, promotions, online marketing initiatives and training of retail staff
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Provide periodical reports on status of the category and market insights
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3 Years of prior experience in Product Management preferably in electronics retail
- Strong interest & knowledge in the electronics and/or technology market
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in negotiation with vendors/suppliers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canada Computers & Electronics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Canada Computers & Electronics will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person