Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us:
to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Global News Calgary - News Production and Control Room
Part-Time (23.5 hours per week)
Calgary, AB (Onsite)
About the Role:
Global Calgary has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Television Assistant to join their team. Reporting to the Broadcast Operations Manager, the successful candidate would be responsible for operating the teleprompter and any other technical or support responsibilities based on studio needs. Shifts will include regularly working early mornings on weekdays, and may on occasion require afternoons, evenings, late nights, weekends, and holidays. This is a Group C position under the current collective agreement.
You will contribute by:
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
Skills and experience you will bring:
- Operating the teleprompter - primarily on morning shows but other shows as required.
- Printing scripts and communicating with control room crew.
- Operating studio Internet Protocol (IP) Camera's.
- Assisting the Studio Floor Director as required - including greet and escorting guests to studio, micing up guests, moving set pieces, etc.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in a Broadcast related field.
- Strong technical knowledge on broadcast studio needs and equipment
- Desire to learn and train on other facets of control room production
- Previous customer service experience would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Ability to react quickly and think on your feet.
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable working morning shifts and willing to take on other responsibilities as they arise.
June 4, 2023
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at [email protected]
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.