Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Senior Brand Manager, is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of the marketing plans and programs to drive profitable growth for the assigned brands. Works closely with cross functional teams to recommend marketing strategies, develop tactical plans and execution guidelines. Works with external partners to ensure execution of the Marketing programs and plans within required parameters.
- Provides operational direction and leadership to Brand Manager and other Marketing disciplines as required, enabling professional growth and development on a continuous basis.
- Recommends marketing strategies, plans, performance metrics and criteria, to optimally build and drive brands’ performance/value and to create stronger consumer engagement.
- Develops and implements annual marketing plans for short and long-term brand building including innovation, advertising and promotion activities and ensures the execution of plans is within required parameters.
- Establishes marketing expense budgets and ensures execution of marketing programs and initiatives within these budgets.
- In unison with sales, finance and other internal business partners, is accountable for following annual budgeted performance indicators within the assigned marketing category (volume, pricing strategies, and overall category revenue)
- Evaluates business performance of the assigned brands based on established criteria, identifies / recommends areas of further improvements
- In collaboration with Customer Insights, analyses internal and market/consumer data to identify issues and opportunities, monitor trends and mitigate risks for the assigned marketing category
- Leads new branded product development projects (based on approved plans) working with Research and Development, Finance, Sales, Operations
- Develops and executes brand advertising and promotional tactics to drive brand revenue, value, and build brand equity. Ensures connection / alignment between marketing and sales functions
- Responsible for maintaining good knowledge of competitors and customers so that Sofina’s branded business is competitively marketed
- Perform special projects or assignments as requested
- Completion of a Degree/Diploma in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field (MBA is considered an asset).
- Minimum 5 years in brand management within CPG
- Strong knowledge of marketing, sales and consumer insights functions
- Strong financial acumen, analytical abilities and knowledge of advertising, media planning, copy development and packaging graphics development
- Experience with category management information and principles
- A detail-oriented self starter individual with the ability to multi-task and ability to influence the organization and key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and Excellent presentation, persuading and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience within the Canadian retail market
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.