Are you an experienced HR professional who has led key strategic initiatives in your organization ? Do you want to develop strategies, manage projects and deliver key ministry HR initiatives? We are looking for HR professionals to drive the Ministry of Education's strategy in areas including talent management, equity, diversity and inclusion, learning and employee engagement.
Do you have the following?
- Extensive experience in leading organization development initiatives
- Superior relationship management and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior executives, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitating for a variety of audiences.
If so, consider joining the Strategic Human Resources Branch in the Ministry of Education where you will drive and implement HR initiatives and have an impact on achieving ministry business results.
The Organizational Effectiveness and Learning Unit provides services to the senior management team in the Ministry of Education with respect to a broad spectrum of HR related services, including talent management programs, strategic and operational HR planning, culture improvement, engagement, well-being and inclusion programs.
Why work for the Ontario Public Service?
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Collegial and professional work culture
- Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
- On-the-job training to support your success in the role.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
As a key team player you will:
- Develop and lead ministry specific and ministry implementation of corporate initiatives in the areas of: equity, diversity and inclusion, human capital planning, employee engagement, talent management, health and wellness
- Design, develop and implement organizational development strategies and learning initiatives in the ministry
- Provide project methodology and frameworks to support a range of concurrent ministry initiatives and programs
- Provide consultation and advice to senior executives and ministry clients to support the development and delivery of HR programs
- Prepare and present briefing notes and research reports to senior executives
- Provide expertise and advice to ministry executives regarding various corporate initiatives and their application.
- Design, develop and implement organizational development strategies and learning initiatives in the ministry.
- Knowledge of HR management principles, best practices related to areas such as: equity, diversity and inclusion, human capital planning, employee engagement, talent management, health and wellness
- Knowledge of current and emerging theories, methodologies, principles and practices in organizational development, adult education and workplace learning to design, develop and implement organizational development strategies and learning programs in the ministry
- You can effectively lead full program cycle of projects from conceptualization to development, implementation and evaluation
- You can provide strong planning, coordination and leadership on concurrent ministry initiatives
- You can build credible, professional partnerships with ministry executives and across the organization
- You have consultation and interpersonal skills to advise and influence partners and senior executives on HR strategy
- You have exceptional written communication skills to develop project proposals, recommendations, briefing materials, presentation decks and communications materials
- You demonstrate exceptional oral communication and presentation skills to effectively facilitate and deliver presentations and briefings to senior executives/partners
- You can research, analyze and articulate issues, trends and activities to identify best practices for assigned projects and to strategically develop recommendations