Liquor Plus is a family owned and operated organization on Vancouver Island. We operate with a passion for our products, and a commitment to our customers, and community. Working for Liquor Plus is a great way to interact with your community, make new friends, and support local. If you're like us, you are interested in learning about the amazing offering of beers, wines, and spirits, and engaging with customers to help them make great choices!
This position will be in person at our administration office and on occasion, require traveling to all 9 locations across Vancouver Island (Victoria, Cobble Hill, Duncan, Nanaimo and Courtenay).
- Flexible schedule
- Free on-site Parking
- Automobile allowance
- Health and Wellness reimbursements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision Care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Scholarship fund
- Store discount
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the General Manager in delivering quality physical and virtual media content for all 9 Liquor Plus locations across Vancouver Island. This role has infinite potential for growth, with changing responsibilities to suit the company’s needs and the skills of the suitable candidate.
Currently, this position is temporary, with the opportunity for permanency at the end of the term.
Key Responsibilities + Objectives
- Create promotional/marketing materials for in-store and online
- Create original and engaging social media content across several platforms
- Manage the company intranet
- Identify unmet opportunities to improve Liquor Plus marketing capacity
- Analyze and respond to engagement data
- Assist in developing and implementing the company’s brand strategy
- Work closely with the General Manager, Buyers, and Sales Representatives
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant media contacts
- Support the General Manager in planning and coordinating seasonal promotions, events, or information sessions
- Evaluate and respond to market trends
- Support the Human Resources Administrator in generating an eye-catching internal newsletter
- Valid Driver's License
- 1+ years experience in business marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML design & InDesign
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools
- SEO optimization
- In-depth knowledge of social media/information sharing platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
To apply, respond to this ad with a resume and cover letter that details your relevant experience and why you think you’d be a good fit to the Liquor Plus team.
If you do not meet all the qualifications but are passionate about marketing, we encourage you to apply.
Please note: The administration office is not wheelchair accessible.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
Expected hours: No more than 30 per week
- Employee assistance program
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person