seoplus+ is an innovative digital marketing agency helping businesses worldwide reach their online potential by generating leads and increasing sales. Our clients range from local retailers to enterprise-level multinationals.
We are currently looking for a talented full-time SEO Specialist to join our rapidly growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing several client accounts. Past experience in a similar role or at another agency is preferred.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, enthusiastic, and driven professional, looking to further their own career and education with constant innovation. They want to support company growth by confidently bringing new ideas and a unique perspective to each job. They are comfortable communicating with others in a team environment, and able to work directly with clients.
This is a hybrid role and work is performed from the Ottawa office at least 3 days per week.
Be responsible for improving organic search results and traffic.
- Able to create, set up, execute, and monitor SEO campaigns.
- Can identify areas to improve the rankings in major search engines.
- Be proactive with strong online research skills and initiative.
- Willing to communicate with clients and team members on a regular basis.
Perform keyword research in alignment with client objectives and business goals.
- Conduct a variety of site audits to review and analyze areas in need of improvement.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports for clients and management.
- Write productive copy and SEO-related data, such as titles and descriptions.
- Develop and implement link-building campaigns.
- Monitor and evaluate search performance to improve rankings.
- Compile and present SEO performance reports for clients and account managers.
- Stay informed on SEO best practices, industry trends, and digital marketing news.
- Consult with other teams to implement recommendations.
- Be in constant communication with team members via virtual meetings.
- Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO.
- Manage day-to-day SEO tasks and projects.
- Inform stakeholders on required changes.
Experience and Skills
Direct experience with all aspects of SEO (on-page, technical, local, etc).
- Knowledge of link-building techniques, outreach, and digital PR.
- Content optimization and on-page SEO writing experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CMS's (WordPress, Shopify, Wix, etc).
- Experience working with popular SEO tools (Semrush, ahrefs, Majestic, etc).
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Strong prioritization skills and excellent project management skills.
- Ability to align efforts across multiple departments (content, web, PPC, etc).
- Excellent communicator with amazing customer service skills.
- Very strong organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word (or Google Docs and Sheets).
- Clear understanding of SEO principles, algorithms, and best practices.
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Google certification and bilingualism (English and French) would be a plus.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Opportunity to advance your career.
- Education and personal development budget.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].