We’re looking for a skilled Cloud Automation Engineer to join our Technology Services Team within our Winnipeg Head Office.
As Cloud Automation Engineer, you will lead creating and updating automation for deploying and managing Pollard’s Cloud platform resources. You will play a key role ensuring best practices are applied in the areas of Security, Infrastructure, Solution Architecture. You will also work with Application and DevOps Teams to ensure that cloud platform solutions are designed for current and future needs.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On Site Gym
- A variety of committee driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
- Access to the latest technology
- A hybrid work environment
What You’ll Do
- Continually reduce manual tasks for creating, managing, and updating cloud platform resources within Pollard through automation opportunities for configuration and monitoring.
- Understand customer requirements and project KPIs on behalf of the Cloud Platform group.
- Monitor the Cloud Platform processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing waste.
- Mentor team members on the languages, tools, and processes used for automation.
- Identify and deploy cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessments and risk management.
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues from triage to assessment to completion.
- Coordinate and communicate within the team and with its clients.
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to management and clients.
- Review dashboards and logs daily, weekly, and monthly and action any issues.
- Provide level 2 technical support for the Cloud Platform resources.
- Perform project coordination with clients and other Tech Services groups to ensure work to planned, tracked, and completed.
- Track AWS instances to ensure they are sized appropriately and are actively being used. Propose changes for underutilized instances or services.
Who You Are
- Someone who is passionate about technology who seeks ways to automate and continually improving process.
- A good listener with excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers.
- Detail-oriented, organized and thrives in a fast-paced self-directed work environment.
- Appreciates the power of collaboration and being a valuable member of a thriving, highly valued team.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Computer Engineering or equivalent education.
- 3 years of experience in a Developer Operations, Network Administration and/or Technical Architecture capacity.
- Proficiency with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to apply high level of problem-solving skills and expertise to analyze and report on actions and/or solutions.
- Ability to apply professional negotiating techniques with internal and external customers to determine best fit solutions and to provide explanation for processes.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the business and foster team building environment.
- Organized, with an ability to handle multiple issues/projects at any one time.
- An effective and convincing communicator able to develop clear and concise justifications in support of departmental and company objectives.
- Ability to gather technical requirements from a diverse set of departments to develop programs that meet the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to participate in the on-call rotation.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to [email protected].
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person