Job Title: Records Management Coordinator
About North Atlantic
North Atlantic is a diverse and growing, province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, we’ve built our reputation on quality products, extraordinary service, and support for local communities. With our people first approach, North Atlantic looks for dynamic individuals who take initiative and who are committed to fostering a strong team environment. We want people who are known for their positive attitude, genuine communications, and personal drive.
As we advance our business for the future, North Atlantic is driven to developing efficient and green energy solutions aligned to the needs of the world in which we live. Committed to sustainable and responsible business practices, we’re driving industry forward, supporting new skills and new jobs for this ever-evolving landscape.
For more information about the North Atlantic, please visit www.northatlantic.ca
The Records Management Coordinator supports the development, implementation and maintenance of the records management program. Working closely with Managers and Executive leaders, this role supports improvement initiatives and maintenance development objectives to optimize accuracy, quality and integrity of records.
This is a 6-month temporary position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a records retention and management policy to ensure the accuracy, security and accessibility of corporate information
- Assist with the establishment and organization of an electronic records filing system
- Advise management as the subject matter for creation, maintenance, security, retention, and disposal of records using best practices
- Collaborate with managers and IT team to ensure that records and information management solutions are implemented and integrated with existing systems
- Work with staff to assess requirements for records and provide recommendations for improvements to processes and technologies
- Analyze, design, develop and lead project initiatives driving records efficiency
- Assist with assessment, storage and potential disposal of paper records
- May support audit projects
- Ability to lift boxes 30-50 pounds and handle a moving dolly
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in Records Management, Business/Office Administration or related field including specialized course work in Records and Information Management (RIM) practices; a combination of education and equivalent related work experience may be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft office, and digital record organization programs
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills to convey new processes and effect change management
- Exceptional organizational and attention to detail skills
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports and compile detailed policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize tasks and utilize time management skills to meet deadlines
- Familiarization with document management systems
- Keen attention to detail
North Atlantic is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which include Health and Dental, Wellness Program • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan with employer contribution • Employee and Family Assistance Program• Free on-site parking • Employee engagement activities
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-04