Canada Computers & Electronics is a retailer of personal computers, IT and components, and consumer electronics. We strive to provide customers with the best products at the best value that the computer retail world can offer. The key to our success resides in the constant improvement of business practices, as well as a knowledgeable and passionate team of people who go beyond expectations while maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We offer competitive wages and benefits with lots of opportunities for advancement!
If you are passionate about electronics, have an entrepreneurial mentality, and a knack for looking at the big picture, this position is for you!
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for researching, exploring, sourcing, testing new electronics products. The incumbent will work closely with the internal sourcing team for sourcing, procuring, and growing product categories.
- Understand the existing product categories and identify new product opportunities, while establishing brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Work closely with the overseas sourcing department for product procurement. Collaborate with current and future overseas and domestic vendors as required.
- Monitor market trends, research the consumer market, and scope out the competition on a regular basis
- Work with the Category Managers to develop go to market strategy for new product launch
- Analyze market trends and recommend product pricing
- Keep the Sr Category Manager updated regularly on the new product options
- Test the same products
- Other tasks as required
- Passion for electronics, trying new products, testing
- Up to date on the latest trends in the consumer electronics space
- Good understanding of retail, electronics industry
- 3+ years of sourcing and product development experience
- Familiarity with sourcing and international vendor management
- A strong analytical skillset partnered with a creative mind
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and networking skills
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal business hours to ensure effective communication with international partners.
- Spoken Mandarin is not required but a huge plus
- Strong time management, communication, decision-making, and analytical skill
- Able to work from office
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canada Computers & Electronics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Canada Computers & Electronics will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person