Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
The purpose of this role is to understand requirements/business cases/user stories and apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to design, develop and test the application meeting the acceptance criteria. This involves understanding and applying one or more software or scripting language. This may involve developing new applications or enhancing and maintaining existing applications.
This is a Remote role in Canada.
- Coding, testing, documentation in the areas of new development and maintenance
- Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
- Liaise with Business Analysts and/or internal customers to ensure that requirements are understood.
- Production, preparation, and execution of unit test plans
- Production of efficient and fully documented code
- Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
- Suggests quality and productivity improvements to established processes
- Evaluates estimate and asks appropriate questions to derive better estimates
- Comes up with proof of concepts for new ideas or complex solutions
- Experience working with QA teams
- Provide timely and accurate daily status on projects to stakeholders
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent/years of experience required.
- 2-4 years of strong technical experience of building or working on enterprise software applications
- Experience with Microsoft technologies like C#, .NET, WPF, WinForms
- Exposure to .Net Core, Angular, React, and/or HTML5
- Knowledge of implementing Web API
- Exposure to SQL Server and TSQL
- Exposure to tools like TFS, StyleCop, GitHub, JetBrains Resharper
- Good team player
- Exposure to cross location teams and ability to work independently with both internal and external stakeholders across locations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proactive approach to learning and assignments
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Background in the Healthcare domain
- Exposure to Kanban
- May require business travel
- Work is performed in a remote environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
Altera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: