Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team!
Our Marketing Department located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has an opportunity for:
Shopper Marketing Lead
The Shopper Marketing Lead is responsible for leveraging customer insights to drive sales for London Drugs through accelerated growth of our proprietary commercial or business unit marketing programs and building strategic vendor partnerships. Focus is on building a differentiated customer experience instore, online and through personalized customer engagements. Responsible to lead the development of programs that demonstrate the company’s customer engagement marketing strategy to drive relevance with our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Analyze primary research, first party data and share data to identify customer driven priorities across assigned business units/categories.
- Develop short and long term growth opportunities, presenting to Health and Service business units for alignment, following up to ensure London Drugs is building relevance to target customers in assigned categories.
- Guide Shopper Marketing Specialists, Coordinators and Assistants as assigned to execute agreed upon programs
- Manage communication and marketing services as the key contact between the business team and Marketing.
- Develop strong relationships with our Health and Service business units.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to implement marketing plans to support assigned categories.
- Ensure consistent execution of plans across all customer touch points including Website, in-store, print and social media.
- Ensure strong and clear brand communication with our customers, while balancing business requirements and objectives.
- Define and measure success metrics.
- Use data points to inform and guide decision making.
- Work with key stakeholders on marketing optimization to get the best ROI on invested ad dollars.
- Manage and direct budgets to achieve company and vendor goals.
- Provide strategic direction to Creative team.
- Project manage key initiatives with cross functional players.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to deal with senior levels of the organization
- Ability to influence, selling ideas and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders sell a concept.
- Strong ability to analyze diverse data sets to create actionable insights.
- Good critical and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work with diverse agency and creative partners, developing briefs and assessing creative, media and tactical elements against the stated objectives.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
- Initiative to isolate and solve problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff & management.
- Solid budget management.
- 5 years of increasing responsibility in a marketing role.
- Retail Marketing experience an asset.
- A marketing degree or equivalent work experience an asset.
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
If you are a well-organized, self-motivated, individual who has a positive attitude and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.