Our team is hiring!
Hi! My name is Talisha. I am the HR Manager at Carmela Industries. I am a people person; in fact, a lot of us here are. Now, we need another people person with a keen eye for exceptional design who tends to ‘sweat the details’ when it comes to creating, planning, and getting it done!
Carmela is the parent company of Summit Valve and Special Alloy Fabricators. We work with industrial valves, selling them worldwide. We are a growing team-oriented company, with a passion for doing the right thing. We are looking for someone to help take Carmela to the next level. This position covers a wide range of activities that support our sales and marketing initiatives.
Are you motivated to assist with the design and creation of marketing materials such as brochures, presentations, emails, and websites? Are you a self-starter that loves to plan, develop, organize, and execute various projects? Can you organize corporate events/tradeshows and design/source/manage promotional goods? Does supporting our salespeople with demos and multiple sales tools interest you?
If you want a career that allows you a variety of experiences, an outlet for creativity, and an opportunity to work with wonderful people - this could be the role for you :)
Application Cheat Code: Did you know, every time we post a job we receive multiple messages saying the exactsame thing!? Don't just hit the automatic apply button; demonstrate your originality! Stand out from the crowd by including a short customized application letter and a link to your online portfolio (if you have one). We know you are more than just your resume; we would love the opportunity to get to know YOU.
To be successful, it’s essential that you are creative, flexible, well organized, able to coordinate with our employees, customers and vendors, and willing to get your hands dirty from time to time. You must be self-driven and able to balance priorities.
As a qualified candidate you should have:
- Post Secondary Education in Marketing/Communications/Graphic Design or similar.
- Experience and proficiency with graphic design and related software (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- A willingness to learn and step up to new challenges.
- Experience with WordPress/Webflow/HTML/CSS is considered an asset.
- 1 to 3 years of experience is preferred.
By accepting a position at Carmela you can expect:
- An opportunity to be active in the company. The Managers are right there, working with the Employees. The President knows everybody’s name. We are working toward the same goal. We encourage our Team Members to be a part of the conversation.
- Personal growth, professional growth, corporate growth, you name it, we got it! Our goal is to ensure the right people are in the right chairs doing a job they enjoy.
- A really great team. OK, OK, I know everybody says this but it’s true, and it’s important. We’re a community, and this is a nice place to live.
- A mutually respectful and beneficial relationship between Employee and Company. What else can we say about that? We’re in this together.
- Fun! The motto is simple, work hard and have fun while doing it (and somebody usually brings food).
We are an open-minded company, interested in working with different perspectives and unique thinkers. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are important to us.
Thank you for considering Carmela Industries. We hope we’ve piqued your interest. If so, please apply by sending your resume and a link to your design portfolio. We would love to hear from you!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6B 3E3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person