People rarely can say that they work at a job they truly love—unless, of course, they work at Field Effect. We believe in investing in the personal and professional success of our employees. We want our teammates to feel great about the work that they do and about themselves when they are with us. That is our culture.
We have an all-star team with industry leading cyber security knowledge and analytical thinking that is engaged, motivated, genuinely curious, and has the willingness to be as diligent as possible. Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce that provides world-class managed cyber security solutions for businesses of all sizes. The company was founded by the brightest talents in cyber security, with a mission to remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks by delivering monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and provide actionable insights.
What You'll Do
At Field Effect, we believe that student hires are the next generation of tech entrepreneurs. Our co-op program is focused on identifying high-potential university students and equipping them with the tools they need to succeed in the tech industry. We support students by fully integrating them into our teams and providing direct support from fellow colleagues, encouraging participation in team-run learning sessions, sharing timely feedback, and giving the opportunity to share their work with the broader team. As an IT Administrator Coop Student, you will gain experience in technical support for a wide range of issues including operating system, hardware, network and general software (eg: M365) systems. You will help support the following tasks:
- Assist with maintenance of IT inventory
- Troubleshooting problems with systems and programs
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet company objectives
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats
- Creating user accounts and performing access control
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data
- Managing software licenses as required
- Automate system deployments by leveraging automation systems
- Deploy and monitor IT systems through various monitoring tools
- Participate in daily activities to deploy, maintain and monitor various equipment (firewalls, network switches, storage appliances)
- Maintain virtualization platform for continuous business operations
- Develop common infrastructure constructs in various CSPs
Skills & experience we look for
- Currently enrolled in a college/undergraduate/graduate degree in a related field
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex IT topics to people at any level in the organization
- Ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments and stakeholders, which requires a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills
- A personal focus on service quality
- Please note that occasional travel may be required for this role.
- Experience working with Ansible and PowerShell is an asset
- Familiarity with security controls would be an asset
What You’ll Get By Joining Our Team
- Your brilliance will get a runway
- You will collaborate with the greatest minds in the field
- You will help shape the future of cybersecurity
- A workplace of opportunity
- We work from a hybrid environment but open to applicants residing in Canada that prefer remote work
If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you! Please note that only the candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
Field Effect has earned their outstanding reputation through innovation, ingenuity and drive to change the cyber security industry. As a result of the exceptional workplace and culture they have built, Field Effect has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Small and Medium Employersin 2023.In addition, they have been consistently named one of the top employers in Ottawa, by Invest Ottawa. This team is committed to helping businesses simplify and improve their cyber security by empowering their employees to collaborate, grow and thrive in their fields.