Hair stylists are beauty service professionals who specialize in the fashioning and treatment of hair. Hair stylist responsibilities include cleaning and cutting hair, offering hair care and hair styling consultations, and recommending hair styling products, among other duties.
We are looking for creative candidates with an eye for design for the position of hairstylist. Hairstylist duties include consulting clients on hair styling options, describing the benefits of different hair care products, persuading clients to buy their retail products, and staying updated on the latest hair trends and styling methods.
Additionally, hairstylists need to be expert "people persons" to attract and retain long-term customers. This requires good interpersonal and conversational skills.
Hair Stylist Responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients on stylistic options for their hair.
- Listening to clients' needs to determine their preferences.
- Describe different hair care products and their benefits.
- Shampooing, cutting, coloring, and highlighting hair.
- Offering manicure, pedicure, waxing, and facial services.
- Performing scalp treatments.
- Acting as salespersons to sell clients hair care retail products.
- Building a personal relationship with clients to ensure return visits.
- Adhering to salon safety and cleanliness standards.
- Managing bookings and welcoming clients into the store.
- Keeping updated on hairstyle trends and styling methods.
Hair Stylist Requirements:
- High school graduation or GED completion.
- Licensing from a cosmetology school.
- Previous experience as a hair stylist or colorist.
- A wide pallet of styling and coloring techniques.
- Proficiency with hot irons, curlers, and blow-dryers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal communication.
- Physical stamina.
- Creative mindset and a good eye for design.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $15.65 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Rock, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- hair styling: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person