Junior Designer - Coop Student (4 or 8 months, May 2023 start)
We are seeking a creative and productive Junior Designer for a 4 or 8 month internship. You must be currently enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution: ideally in a graphic design or creative arts field with an aim to graduate into a graphics design role post graduation.
The pay range for this role is $15.50 - 20 per hour and will depend on how closely your experience and qualifications match with what we're looking for. This is a remote friendly role.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting our UX/UI Designer with day to day design tactics and helping to execute our design philosophy at Jack and Jill Health. You’ll primarily focus on creating assets that reflect our aesthetic and brand personality in the form of Klaviyo emails, product landing pages, website refreshes, social media posts, product mockups and brochures/printed literature. You’ll also have the opportunity to help us redesign the customer buying journey, from initial engagement on the homepage, to virtual care visits with our medical team, to the unboxing experience.
Jack Health and Jill Health are Canada’s only telehealth and pharmacy provider specifically built for men’s and women’s health - we focus on solving health challenges that involve sexual health, fertility, hair loss, dermatology, nutrition, weight loss and more.
We insist on inclusive, diverse and passionate people to support our culture of health, data-driven performance and kindness.
You’ll report into the Head of Jill Health, but will primarily work with the UX/UI Designer, as well as working closely with a cross functional team of growth marketing, copywriting, content creation, customer experience, and product marketing.
Here’s how we’ll support you:
- Weekly one on ones with your manager to chat through deliverables, progress and professional development
- Regular access to health-tech execs
- Industry networking and professional development opportunities
- Identifies, develops, fulfills marketing material opportunities and projects that support the objectives of Jack Health and Jill Health and ensures materials adhere to our branding and graphics standards
- Produces a diverse range of deliverables – webpages, presentations, collateral, digital and offline graphic assets
- Translates complex information into easy to digest graphic communications (e.g. images, infographics, charts, diagrams)
- Manages design-forward projects from concept to execution
- Meets, discusses and identifies the requirements for each design item then works independently and/or with colleagues to bring to fruition
- Assists with preparation and coordination to ensure schedules, timelines, budget and outside vendor (e.g. printers) requirements are maintained for each project
- Must be currently enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution, ideally in a graphic design or creative arts field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking, breadth of projects, familiarity with multi media and execution of design
- Photography, video creation/editing, illustration, printing process knowledge considered assets
- Intermediate-level knowledge and use of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (i.e. Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Creative Cloud, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
- Highly organized, with ability to develop and manage projects and apply top-level, leading edge design principles and practices quickly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Ideal candidates will have at least a few of the following:
- Experience working with marketing and communications plans and executing on design deliverables
- Experience producing designs that are engaging, leading edge, raise awareness and compel action
- Experience designing to visually tell compelling and impactful human stories
- An energetic doer who can leverage information and produce exceptional design as part of a fast paced team
- Proactive, highly collaborative and supportive team player
- Experience in the healthcare and/or innovation sectors considered a strong asset
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel your qualifications aren't enough. They likely are!