Are you interested in working in an office with beautiful views right across from Okanagan Lake?
Come be a part of our story! Lift Auto Group’s Corporate office on-site in Kelowna, BC is growing. We have opportunities for Senior Accountants to join our team. Working closely with our Controller to support payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable bank reconciliations and much more. We are looking for a candidate fully competent at performing general accounting and administrating full cycle accounting tasks.
- 3 + years of progressive experience with financial department required.
- Accounting related post secondary education or degree required
- Completed or working towards CPA Designation
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and experience with Power BI.
- Knowledge with IFRS
- Experience with auto insurance and or auto collision repair industry is a huge asset.
- Experience with Business Combinations Allocations is an asset
- Positive attitude with a client focused mindset.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and build effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Detail oriented individual with superior organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- General Accounting – trial balance reconciliations, capital lease additions, disposals, modifications, and adjustments. Fixed asset amortization schedules and adjustments, inventory adjustments including WIP.
- Maintain orderly accounting filing system including all supporting schedules.
- Perform variance analysis on monthly financial statements to budget and investigates variances proactively to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Monitor internal controls, processes, and procedures to ensure internal policy, regulatory, and tax compliance.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to finance team members.
- Assists with the development and implementation of financial policies, reporting systems and accounting procedures.
- Assists controller in preparing financial reports for management team.
- Assists controller in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including balance sheet, cash flow and profit/loss statements.
- Assist with asset lease, financing and insurance management when required.
- Assist with Audits as needed.
Lift Auto Group offers a stable work environment and the ability to advance within our company. Along with a great compensation plan, we provide comprehensive benefit package that includes life, AD&D, health, dental, out of country coverage, vision, critical illness, and disability coverages.
People and automobiles are at the core of everything we do. This exciting opportunity is in the heart of warm and sunny Kelowna, BC where our company is headquartered. Lift Auto Group is a rapidly expanding consolidator of collision repair shops across Canada with most locations operating under the CSN Collision Centre banner. Boasting a diverse team and an authentic opportunity to be part of an amazing growth story, this role provides an affiliation to an organization you can genuinely be proud of.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: In person