Business Unit Director
As an integral part of the marketing team, the brand manager will be responsible for driving growth and profitability of their portfolio through development and execution of business strategies which align with the corporate objectives and industry trends.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for managing, developing, and implementing brand strategy plans. This includes market research, competitor analysis, planning and executing brand campaigns, and working with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives. The Brand Manager is also the owner of the product portfolios for the branded, co-packed and private label products. This ownership includes leading the product development process from concept to launch and continuously assessing the portfolio to maximize performance.
You will possess a blend of creativity, strategic thinking, data-driven insight, and project management to ensure our products and brands stand out, resonate, and thrive in a competitive marketplace.
- Brand Strategy: Develop and execute effective brand strategies based on data-driven insights.
- Market Research: Conduct consumer and market research to identify opportunities for brand growth.
- Product Development: Collaborate with R&D, design, and manufacturing teams to develop new products or improve existing ones.
- Portfolio Management: Accountable for creating and managing the product portfolio strategy which includes a mix of branded, private label and co-packed products.
- Roadmap Planning: Develop and maintain a product roadmap that aligns with the company's strategic objectives.
- Marketing Plans: Create and implement comprehensive marketing plans including digital, OOH, TV, social and other mediums to drive brand awareness, affinity and loyalty.
- Campaign Management: Plan, execute, and monitor brand campaigns, measuring effectiveness and making data-driven adjustments as necessary.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the marketing budget effectively, ensuring high ROI.
- Team Collaboration: Integral member of category business units, which are cross functional teams that work together to achieve the business unit objectives.
- Analysis and Reporting: Track performance of all marketing campaigns and report findings to senior management, making recommendations for future activities.
- Compliance and Legal: Ensure all branding activities meet industry regulations and legal guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience in the cpg industry, experience specific to the Dairy industry is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful marketing plans.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to approach projects with innovative and creative thinking, generate fresh ideas and competitive results.
- Experience managing complex product portfolios that include branded, co-packed, and private label products is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make strategic decisions.
- Strong financial acumen with experience in P&L management and budget management.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive leader who can work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Knowledge of the global dairy industry, regulatory environment, and market trends an asset
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Valid driving licence required.
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian-owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese, and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack, and Export markets, developed and produced out of our 13 manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high-quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit:
Gay Lea Foods is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!