Who We Are
Synthesis Health is a pioneer of medical technology solutions that owns and operates distributed radiology, medical imaging, and laboratory clinics. In late 2021, Pureform Radiology joined Synthesis Health. Pureform Radiology is a leading multi-modality diagnostic imaging provider committed to delivering exceptional patient care in the medical imaging field. Pureform Radiology offers Ultrasound, Mammography, Pain Management, Bone Densitometry, Fluoroscopy, X-Ray and Pediatric imaging services across our four community Calgary and Airdrie clinics.
What We Want
Pureform Radiology is seeking a Casual IT Support Specialist to join our team at our Head Office in Calgary, AB. Reporting to the IT Administrator, the IT Support Specialist plays a crucial role in maintaining and supporting the IT infrastructure at Pureform Radiology. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance, troubleshooting, and problem resolution to ensure our staff can effectively utilize our computer systems and applications.
What You Need to Know
Required Education: High School Diploma or Certified in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
Required Experience: 6 months of experience as an IT Support Specialist.
Preferred Experience: 3+ Years of experience as an IT Support Specialist.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues effectively.
- Proficiency in both Windows and macOS operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and protocols.
- Able to create databases and utilize Excel spreadsheets at an advanced level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer-focused attitude and a strong commitment to providing exceptional service.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Relevant technical certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) are a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues effectively.
- Advanced skills in both Windows and macOS operating systems.
35%: Technical Support and Hardware Software Maintenance:
- Provide first-level technical support to end-users, including diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and network-related issues.
- General knowledge of troubleshooting Internet connectivity, phone systems, network systems, and other technological office equipment.
- Assist users with questions, incidents, and service requests through in-person, phone, or remote support channels.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop computers, laptops, peripherals, and related equipment.
- Ensure software applications are properly installed, updated, and licensed.
- Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests.
30%: Troubleshooting/Issue Resolution and Remote Support:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Escalate complex issues to Level Two support or IT management as needed.
- Use remote support tools to assist users with technical issues and provide timely resolutions.
- Ensure effective communication and follow-up with remote users.
20%: Security and Compliance:
- Assist in enforcing security protocols and policies to safeguard sensitive patient and business data.
- Run security checks on all our systems to ensure we are protected from cybersecurity threats.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations and standards.
5%: User Training and Documentation and Asset Management:
- Provide basic training to users on software applications, hardware usage, and best practices.
- Maintain documentation of IT procedures, troubleshooting steps, and user guides.
- Track and manage inventory of hardware, software licenses, and peripherals.
- Assist in hardware and software procurement processes.
5%: Innovation and Process Improvement:
- Assess workflows to find the most efficient ways to perform work tasks.
- Provides supervisor with ideas to increase operational efficiencies.
- Actively participates in brainstorming sessions to help create an efficient and effective workplace.
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in IT support.
5%: Other duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned.