Employer: Centennial College
Position: Regional Manager (International Education, SEM)
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Address: 241 Progress Ave, Toronto, ON M1G 3T8
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Full Benefits including, extended health coverage (including vision, hearing, paramedical) dental insurance, life insurance, disability, pension.
Salary: $87,433.00 – $109,292.00 CAD per annum
Contact: Please send resumes to [email protected] and include “Regional Manager (International Education, SEM)” in the email subject line.
Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating Centennial College’s operations in international recruitment, admissions, and registration of international students
- Directing and advising staff engaged in international student recruitment, admissions, and registration of international students
- Developing the current and new international markets and partnerships
- Developing and implementing an integrated, comprehensive recruitment strategy compromised of communications, business development, marketing, and enrollment management business plans
- Showcasing and raising Centennial’s profile as the provider of quality education programs
- Implementing initiatives to recruit international students aggressively and meet enrollment targets while incorporating a positive, engaging experience for students
- Planning and administering budgets and contributing to continued financial growth on behalf of Centennial in support of its academic vision and the delivery of high-quality customer services to international students within Ontario and abroad
- Working within the International Education department to achieve required business results and to identify and mitigate emerging risks with respect to immigration, compliance, and regulations
- Preparing reports for the Director and management to communicate complex issues in relation to admission functions, research options and recommended solutions
- Working closely with your team to implement solutions and ensure an integrated approach is put forward to address such issues
- Directing and advising staff engaged in Centennial’s international student recruitment initiatives and strategies to meet established international enrolment objectives, while overseeing the execution of region-specific recruitment activities
- Overseeing third-party agents/representatives, targeted visits and in-market event planning, targeted relationship development, market-specific research and analysis, and communications collateral for all channels to increase recruitment and conversion
- Facilitating offshore operations in Asia Pacific including but not exclusive to South Korea, Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia
Interviewing, hiring, and overseeing the training of staff engaged in international student recruitment
- University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Relations, International Business, Education, Adult Education, Educational Administration
- 7+ years of experience in a senior leadership capacity involving significant complexity and scope within an academic or entrepreneurial enterprise
- Experience in a leadership role in the private or public sector with an in-depth understanding of post-secondary education, with an international and entrepreneurial outlook
- Extensive experience in a comparable senior-level position at an educational institution with responsibilities for a complex, high-profile, international program
- Ability and confidence to obtain new international business opportunities and work cohesively with a wide range of constituents – in Ontario and abroad
- Working knowledge of specialized components affecting International Education such as major economic, social, cultural, political and education issues facing Centennial in the international arena, including the labour market environment in target countries abroad and the inherent problems and opportunities they present to the College
- Committed to work effectively with cultural diversity issues, put responses into context, manage outcomes, gain trust, and respect, and ensure acceptance by various target communities
- Ability to manage recruitment and admissions operations for the assigned region, and fully leverage your experience in market development, project development, implementation, and management, and in leading and managing a large team within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to implement business strategies to build dynamic, profitable partnerships focused on sustainable development to transform International Education and contribute to continued financial success of the College in a highly competitive and changing educational environment on an international scale
- Demonstrated track record of success within a large, complex, multi-stakeholder organization attests to your ability to build cohesive teams, lead change management and work collaboratively, all with a commitment to fostering creativity and innovation while driving to achieve goals and move forward
- Exceptional decision-maker, exhibit a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, and can cope with a demanding workload, remain calm and focused under pressure, and manage relationships with a wide range of individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs
- Fluency in Asian languages is an asset (including Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, and Indonesian)
- Ability to travel part of the year and develop positive, productive relationships with embassies, government and its agencies, and institutional and community partners as it relates to recruitment and branding Centennial in your region
- An understanding of the Canadian Higher Education landscape, and experience in sales and/or marketing would be considered assets
Please send resumes to [email protected] and include “Regional Manager (International Education, SEM)” in the email subject line.
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).