Our team is looking for someone who is ready for a rewarding career as an Insurance Account Representative. This position provides you with the opportunity to work in a field that can be personally and professionally satisfying, and if you can deliver on what is expected, the pay and benefits are attractive. This opportunity is right for individuals who have excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to grow their career and skillset. If you care about people, are good at listening, and have strong verbal/written communication skills, you will do well in the insurance industry. We strive to earn the trust of people who are looking for an office that can offer the appropriate coverage at competitive prices and who also provide excellent service and advice. We do this by building relationships with our customers and by working hard to exceed their expectations.
- Make and receive phone calls and send and reply to emails to assist customers with their home, auto, life and living benefits insurance needs.
- Follow a customer-focused and needs-based process and ensure that customers are educated about, and comfortable with the products and the coverage selected.
- Work with the agent to meet the office sales goals.
- Take care of sales, billing, customer support, underwriting and other agency initiatives, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Sales experience (preferred).
- OTL/RIBO P&C license (preferred - or can help you to obtain within 4 weeks).
- LLQP/Life & Health license (be able to obtain within an agreed-upon timeline).
- A university degree or college diploma in a related field is an asset.
- Insurance experience in sales, underwriting, claims or service wold be an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver's license
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to speak Hindi is an asset.
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
- Comfortable working with technology (computer hardware and software).
This position is with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agent's employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for all employment decisions regarding their employees.
These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.