CMB Insurance Brokers is looking for a Producer under the direction of the assigned Senior Risk Consultant (SRC), the Producer not only maintains a Book of Business but also generates new business. In this role, a Book of Business, approximate value of $300K with an account size of $25K-$100K premium, will be transitioned to you. Your primary responsibility will be building relationships with the clients, developing, and maintaining relationships with markets, and strengthening relationships within your assigned support team.
Your day will consist not only of promoting and selling insurance solutions to a diverse group of commercial prospects but also of mining your contacts for referrals.
Pipeline / Generating Leads
- business to business selling
- cold calling, warm calling
- obtaining and following up on leads to ensure growth of the book of business, utilize the iWin prospect system, cold calling techniques, and client referrals
- prepare and submit complete submissions utilizing the CMB Application & Submission formats, and provide full underwriting information to insurers to obtain the most competitive package available
Proposals / Presentations / Sales
- inform the customer/prospect of additional coverage’s and services the brokerage handles of which he or she may not have been aware, and interest them in these services
- prepare and present professional and competitive proposals to prospects detailing coverage’s and services of the brokerage
- perform client visits as necessary for prospecting, sales, inspections, claims, and service
- obtain and follow up on information concerning underwriting by completing Brokerage Applications
- keep abreast of CMB’s market inventory and support the company objectives with market support as directed by the Sales Director
- collect deposits, premiums, and finance deposits and contracts on behalf of the brokerage.
- review monthly account receivable reports and ensure all outstanding balances are paid within ten days
- review client renewals with Business Service Specialists [Account Managers] to Complete Coverage Checklist annually for each customer
- review client renewals with the Business Service Specialists [Account Managers] to conduct a thorough review of coverage on existing
- accounts at least annually, and assist in remarketing as necessary to provide the best coverage and competitive price for all clients.
- assist the Claims department to ensure the proper and expeditious handling of all claims and losses as per the Brokerage Claims Handling System
- market, rate, and quote new and renewal business
- actively mentoring team members is essential to ensure the team is growing in knowledge and expertise; it also significantly supports CMB’s perpetuation plan for developing the next generation
- be familiar with and follow company policies and procedures as established (Employee Handbook, Renewal Procedure, Claims Procedures, Collections and AR Procedures, etc.)
- attend and participate in staff meetings and company functions
This job operates in a professional office environment. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6X 1M5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of commercial insurance experience do you have?
- Do you hold an Alberta Insurance License?
Work Location: In person