Responsibilities & Tasks:
- The overall responsibility of this position is to be a vital part of and contributor to our Head Office Commercial Division’s commitments to sales volume, profitability, the customer experience, and the positive Costen Culture.
- Continue to develop expertise in all aspects of Commercial Insurance and Risk Management.
- Focus on retention of the Book of Commercial business, ensuring that everything possible is done to retain the business and retain the Client, profitably.
- Provide knowledge with respect to all lines of Commercial Insurance coverages. Be their expert ‘Caring Coach’.
- Prospecting and generating new Commercial leads through the attendance of tradeshows, networking events, and other marketing initiatives as discussed an agreed upon.
- Qualify prospects to ensure that they fit with our client parameters.
- Quote and issue new Commercial Lines Insurance Policies such as commercial property, liability, commercial auto, special events, and bonds from inbound leads, following Underwriting Guidelines.
- Service and assist Costen Commercial clients with their inquires and make recommendations for claims, policy changes, and billing, including taking payments.
- Market risks, negotiate terms, pricing, and conditions directly with Insurance Companies.
- Build relationships with Underwriters and Insurance Company Representatives of our major Commercial insurance markets.
- Use various Insurance Company portals and software tools for information and quote submissions.
- Level 2 general insurance license
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience
- Knowledge of the commercial insurance industry and sales process
Compensation is commission based. Book ownership opportunities are available.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Commission, Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
All COVID safety precautions are being followed. Hybrid work options are available.
- commercial insurance: 5 years (required)
- level 2 general insurance licence (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB