Our client, Shel-Bar Electronic Industries Ltd, based in Airdrie, is hiring a Senior IT Security System Administrator to join their quickly growing, industry leading, Security Systems Integration company.
Who is our client? A Canadian company specializing in the Integration of Security, Life Safety and Information Systems. They utilize an out of the box approach to their customers design, installation, and integration security needs. Progressive and fast-growing, this electrical/security service company that takes great pride in providing their clients with professional trade experience. Their priority is client-focused medium to large scale access control and video management systems.
Who are you? A motivated, attentive and hardworking Network Specialist with extensive IT knowledge in Physical Securities systems, including security access control, video management and audio visual. The ideal individual will have at least 5 years of experience in installing and programming emergency communications and security systems, with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Server, Networking and switches environments.
Primary Daily Tasks
- Working directly with a large energy-related client.
- Monitoring and responding to service requests with a focus on servers, IT/Programming and big picture incident prevention, understanding both hardware and software.
- Liaison with customers and technicians for scheduling and completion of work required, based on programming needs.
- Safe operation of a company vehicle with reporting of issues.
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 per year (depending upon experience)
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (Full-Time)
Typical day, although start and end times may vary.
This role will be a combination of in office and out of town. Most travel will be within Alberta, but possible travel to British Columbia or Ontario or US is possible once or twice a year.
- Overseeing projects for their main client, while working closely with both internal and other companies Technicians, with responsibility including the scheduling of tasks, based on programming needs.
- Perform programming, commissioning and troubleshooting activities on access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
- Programming of servers in Windows environments (SQL, Microsoft Server, Management Studio, Server Manager)
- Lead various projects to completion under the Project Manager and/or CEO.
- Installation and service of IP based and analog CCTV (Genetec, Milestone, Avigilon).
- Build equipment system racks, pull cables, and prepare equipment for installation.
- Installation of completed racks, projectors, monitors / videowalls and related sub-mounts.
- Assists with testing of system components to ensure system completeness and convention.
- Provide excellent customer service, while maintaining an approachable and professional demeanor while on the job.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics.
- Demonstrate aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Program and test a variety of non-routine security systems and equipment.
- Operate systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions.
- Write a variety of non-routine programs for systems.
- Review and interpret electrical drawings.
- Room to grow within the company and develop your career further.
- Competitive wages based upon experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package (extended health care, dental, vision and life),
- The tools and technology needed to do the job to the best of your ability (company vehicle, phone, laptop and more).
- Safety and software training to ensure quality service.
- A team-based environment including social committee, semi-annual company and family events.
If you are am experienced, highly proficient, hard-working and driven to learn Network Specialist with the above experience, this may be the role for you. CLICK APPLY below to learn more!
We thank all who apply for this position. We commit to "communicate quickly, communicate often, and communicate well". All applicants will be contacted within 5 business days.
We value diversity!! We recruit, hire, and promote, both internally and to our clients, without regard to race, national or ethic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics or disability. Accommodations are available for candidates during all aspects of the selection process. IND1