Social Media Team Manager
Ideas with Intention
zag (that’s right, no capital) is a full-service, marketing and advertising agency that is hell-bent on getting to know brands inside and out. We ensure we capture the perfect blend of creativity, strategy, and management to catapult brands in the right direction with ease. With us, there is always room to grow, and we are currently looking for a Social Media Coordinator to do just that.
We come to work every day to solve challenges, and we lean on our teammates to do it. We all have titles, but we’re not defined by them. By working together and bending our disciplines, we bring unique perspectives to the table, learn from each other, and ultimately, stick the landing.
We have six guiding principles that help keep us grounded along the way:
We strive for unicorn-level greatness.
We care about what we create.
We outsmart challenges with creative and forward thinking.
We dare to show up as ourselves.
We take the carpool lane, working together to achieve the best results.
We make it count. Every day.
More About Working at zag
We currently work in a hybrid environment and the position is open to applicants across Canada. We know agency life can be fast-paced so are intentional about making sure that we are investing in our culture through tech-led solutions and ongoing employee-driven engagement activities (Smores and ghost stories! Escape rooms! Virtual Friday hangs!). Additionally, we offer great benefits, including paid personal days and competitive holiday time.
At zag, we believe in inclusivity, and it’s a key part of how we conduct ourselves within our team and in the industry. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
The Social Media Manager is a role focussed on implementing and integrating innovative marketing solutions for our clients. This role requires leadership skills to manage a team of social media specialists and delivering effective and engaging organic social media content for clients based on consumer insight and data, as well as expertly manage assigned social media channels. They’re skilled organizers who are highly effective at staying on top of multiple projects, each with various moving pieces, thanks to their proactive thinking skills, exceptional verbal and written communication abilities and a strong attention to detail.
The purpose of this position is to provide sound and responsible organic social media solutions, planning, and leadership. This includes the implementation of strategies, planning and working with agency teams to create effective content and managing and responding to social media inquiries and issues as they arise. In this role, the Social Media Manager ensures the agency provides work which exceeds clients’ expectations, by constantly adapting and anticipating industry trends and delivering a consistently superior product. The Social Media Manager should have a firm grasp of online best practices and how they can drive effective and innovative social media solutions for clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
Areas of responsibility for the Social Media Manager will include:
Managing and leading a team of social media specialists
- Collaborate with the creative team in creation of recommendations, strategies, and actions for the client
- Curate and create effective social media content
- Develop and execute social media campaigns across various platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Create engaging content that aligns with the client's brand voice and resonates with their target audience
- Monitor and respond to social media comments, questions, and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Work with the creative team to develop visually compelling graphics, videos, and other multimedia content
- Collaborate with the analytics team to track and report on key social media metrics and adjust campaigns accordingly
- Manage budgets and ensure campaigns are delivered within budget constraints
- Remain up to date with the latest trends and best practices in social media
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
What You Need to Succeed
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a social media Manager, Strategist, or Specialist role developing and executing social media marketing plans in a marketing agency or related field
- Degree or Certificate in Marketing preferred
- Proven experience with people management responsibilities or experience managing teams and mentoring junior staff
- Experience with a social media scheduling and analytic tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients and team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities with a creative and innovative mindset
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams and departments
To be considered for this position, you will need a passion for marketing and be able to think on your feet. Experience in an agency setting will be considered an asset. While you can be located anywhere in Canada, you will be expected to work within an MST time zone.
Please note we work in a hybrid work environment.
We understand how uncertain the application process can be, so we promise not to leave you hanging. If at any time you are not selected to move forward, you will receive an email from us letting you know.