Our company, a logistic management, distribution and warehousing enterprise is expanding and requires the right person to join their team and contribute to the on-going success of their operation.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT Support’s goal is to provide the company with the additional general IT support for the clients and the employees.
The main responsibilities are:
- Customer and employee support systems
- Ability of designing and documenting of system processes
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based server OS such as Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop
- Software installations; installing/uninstalling computer peripherals, desktop roll-outs.
- Get the migration assets prepped and ready for end users
- Gaining an understanding of remote users IT concerns & issues
- Providing an initial assessment to determine the root cause of IT tickets & resolving those issues
- Creating reports on IT ticket, categorizing those issues & prioritizing solutions
- Cataloging and Inventory of IT equipment, following up with servicing agreements with equipment owned.
- Install & perform wire cables (C5 & C6) for internet, WIFI , computer and communication devices
- Install and program POE Switches, Routers/ Firewall / VPN's, Modems
- Configuring, testing, and maintaining phone equipment and services (VoIP only), email, reporting.
- Execute any other IT and customer service related tasks as assigned by the direct Manager.
- Degree in Information Systems or related field; Asset - Computer science Degree BAC/DEC or experience
- Essential - Clean criminal background Valid driver licence
- Essential - Network cabling, repair, design, troubleshoot
- Asset - Security system, Access Control, IP Camera, VOIP
- Important - Network cabling, repair, design, troubleshoot
- An ability to evaluate complex issues and develop actionable plans
- A high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal communications skills in French & English
- Highly organized and process oriented with an ability to excel in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Group insurance benefits (Healthcare & Dental Care)
- Extended health care;
- Disability insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Free parking.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H4S 1S8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person