We are currently seeking a Specialist, Digital Experience and Optimization to join our team.
Reporting to Manager, Marketing Platforms, this role is responsible for supporting the overall performance of our marketing platforms and digital marketing initiatives by improving search engine rankings, growing online engagement & brand reach, and driving conversions across our channels. They will work closely with regional marketing teams and other FWCU lines of business, applying UX principles to create seamless, intuitive digital experience solutions that deliver on user and business objectives.
- Digital Experience Management: Supports the operation of all First West digital identities ensuring each channel effectively supports the brand strategy and business goals of the organization while creating best-in-class digital experiences and user-centered design.
- Creates, edits, and maintains effective website design, content architecture and landing pages that follow all SEO and accessibility best practices to engage FWCU’s audiences across all digital touchpoints. Uses industry studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in design experiences.
- Tests multivariant landing pages and UI touchpoint elements a user engages with such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links to optimize for the top converting landing pages. Analyzes and identifies most valuable keywords and develops link building strategies. Uses FWCU’s target personas to optimize user journeys and drive conversions (CRO). Gather intelligence to anticipate target audiences’ needs and desires, translating it into connected digital content experiences that increase overall engagement.
- Regularly and consistently seeks to understand member needs and supports and assists in the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives that rely on digital content or experience.
- Performance & Optimization: Supports the development and ongoing improvement of FWCU’s websites and digital tools ultimately optimizing the promotion of FW brands, product and services throughout the customer journey. Analyzes website traffic using various web analytics tools and makes recommendations to improve user experience, search engine rankings (SEO), lead generation, and conversion (CRO). Prepares website analytics reports and provides insights on website usage for various FWCU stakeholders as well as suggests solutions to measurably improve online content/web performance.
- Stakeholder Engagement Serves as the primary point of contact for incoming requests for website content creation or changes and liaises with internal stakeholders from all FWCU lines of business to develop landing pages or other digital content that support ongoing marketing campaigns, organizational initiatives, or member communication efforts. Communicates scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, page designs and other related views to the marketing team and internal/external stakeholders. Documents and reports website issues and requests enhancements by liaising with vendor and/or credit union partner to resolve or complete.
- Project Management: This highly collaborative role, leads projects and processes, involves all key stakeholders to establish consensus; and provides expertise to business case development and presentation efforts. Supports all stages of the project life cycle, communicating changes, enhancements, and modifications to business stakeholders, managing risk, and communicating expectations to the project team. Drafts and documents SOPs and maintains accuracy of team’s references and guidelines.
- College, Trade or Tech School Diploma (2 years) in marketing, communications, or a related field; Bachelor’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of Digital experience, including User Experience (UX) Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), Web Accessibility, Information Architecture, Website Content Management Systems.
- Experience in digital analytics and custom reporting tools (GA4 / Hotjar / SEM / Moz)
- Experience with design collaborating/stakeholder-approval platforms like Figma or Miro
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics an asset
- Experience in an Agile environment an asset
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, ability to work in an environment with internal and external counterparts
- Ability to articulate a clear rationale for all design decisions that unites an exceptional knowledge of UX/UI principles to user needs and business value
- Self-motivated with creative problem-solving skills and can-do attitude
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Keen eye for continually improving results with a focus on driving impact
- A natural curiosity and exuberant energy befitting of our dynamic marketing team
- Innovative mindset that builds creative ideas for marketing campaigns and brand initiatives
- Well-developed technical knowledge of web design principles, accessibility standards, online planning and analytics & tracking
- Strong familiarity with software tools and platforms including core Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Aptitude with technology and the ability to rapidly acquire technical proficiency in the administration of new and/or changing software tools
- Love for continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies.
- Strong data and research skills
You’re fantastically creative and love art as much as technology. You pay attention to details because you know that a small inconsistency in a design can create a big impact on the user’s experience.
You are a problem solver. You can research and determine user needs, outline the features and content, define the navigation and information hierarchy, create mockups, and test your designs to see how well they perform.
You’re empathetic and love to dig deeper to understand the user’s pain points. You have great instinct about what works well and how to connect with different audiences. You have lots of ideas on how to deliver the design to solve the problem and you move from iteration to iteration to come up with what you feel is the best solution to test. You’re also good at communicating to others why this is the best solution. You’re persuasive and data and insights are your friends.
You’re adaptable. In your world trends are ever evolving, and you’re up for the challenge of keeping up.
You’re a great marketer who balances left brain and right brain strengths: strong organizational skills, planning abilities and attention to detail balanced with imaginative thinking and artistic creativity.
You are a true team player who enjoys maximum human connection in your day-to-day work life and loves to be part of a collaborative environment, working together with many teammates.
Salary Range: $55,200 - $70,700
Please note, the salary range mentioned in this job posting should serve as a guide. The final compensation offered may vary based on a variety of factors including bonuses and/or incentives, or a candidate’s skills and experience. First West is committed to providing a fair, equitable, and competitive rewards package that reflects the value an individual brings to our organization.