Central Alberta Co-op is here to serve our members and customers with products and services that help build, feed, and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business, being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. We live where you live, work where you work, and help grow the economy right here.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Agro Procurement Coordinator at our Agro Site in Lacombe, Alberta. As the Agro Procurement Coordinator, you are reporting to the Division Manager and will be responsible for inventory procurement, logistics, managing margin and supplier rebates for the entire Agro division which includes four locations, Stettler, Lacombe, Innisfail and Crossfield at Central Alberta Coop.
Full-time: 40 hours/week - benefit eligible after 3 months. If you are coming from out of province, please remember you need to have AB Health coverage to be covered by our plan provider.
Availability requirements: Weekdays (mornings, afternoons and evenings) and weekends (mornings and afternoons).
- Sourcing and purchasing of products and services, sales planning, selection of suppliers for maximizing supplier programs, forecasting, inventory management and setting of pricing for all locations.
- Work closely with the Agro Division manager to implement strategic marketing initiatives for the division and create a long-term vision.
- Weekly review of margins on products, bringing forward any areas of concern to DM.
- Monthly review and reconciliation of Data reporting for division.
- Tronia program enhancements as well as onboarding for all new team members.
- Other duties as required by the Division Manager.
- Undergraduate Degree would be an asset.
- 6-9 Years of experience.
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture and/or Ag Retail Sales experience would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, to provide support to the Agro Sales team on all crop inputs.
- Efficient organizational skills and a strong understanding of Excel as you would be developing price strategies and ensuring implementation.
Central Alberta Co-op is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity and Responsibility. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, the opportunity for advancement and personal growth and benefits, depending on employment status. We are COR certified and committed to providing our team members and customers a safe working and shopping environment.
This posting will remain open until October 31, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and three references. If for any reason you have difficulty uploading documents please fill out the Work Experience and Education sections.
Successful candidates must provide their Social Insurance Number before their first shift.
We appreciate your interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.