What will be your role?
We are presently recruiting for a Building Automation Solutions (BAS) Technical Support Specialist who will work in collaboration with the Technical Support team, Research & Development team and Sales team. You will be responsible for providing exceptional technical support services to our customers by responding to their high level technical questions via telephone or e-mail, including possible onsite visits pertaining to the use of our controllers, solutions and our control systems network management software.
How you will contribute:
- Respond to technical questions from customers pertaining to the use of Distech Controls controllers , solutions and control systems network management software in a problem solving context.
- Diagnose and resolve problems via on-line or phone
- Update the customer database (CRM) and log internal notes following all customer email/phone ;
- Update and maintain company knowledge base internal and external (Forum, CRM).
- Ensure that customers receive quality and necessary support to solve their problems.
- Collaborate with product development by providing the perspective of the customer on the functionality of our products including voice of customer.
- Communicate suggestions for changes/modifications to the development group according to management procedures and policies in place ;
- Keep up to date with new technologies and products in the field related to the Distech controls product line and industry ;
- Actively contribute to the improvement of available tools and internal processes used by the support team ;
- Provide field support, if required.
- Create articles and populate knowledge base to assist our customers efficiently
Qualified Applicants will have:
- University degree, College diploma (DEC), or a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience, in technical support, IT, HVAC or controls
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in:
o HVAC Systemso NiagaraAX/4 Frameworko Electromechanical Buildingo Instrumentation and Controlso Programmingo Process Control
- Relevant experience in the installation of Building Automation System (BAS)
- Programming and configuration of computer networks or IT systems
- Must have a valid passport required
- Ability to diagnose complex problems
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Great communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Structured and organized
- Ability to work remotely from a space with minimal distractions
- Leadership and autonomy demonstrated
- Proactivity and initiative demonstrated
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal relationships
- Courtesy and positive attitude
- Demonstrated autonomy, professionalism and sense of responsibilities
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and under tight deadlinesAsset:
- Knowledge of the BacNetÒ, EchelonÒ LonWorks, Modbus, EIB, or other control system protocols.
- Knowledge of access control and lighting
- Programming and computer network configuration
- Experience and/or qualification in a related domain as a trainer
- IT knowledge (OS systems, networking)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Niagara: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Brossard, QC J4Y 0C4