Premier (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is one of Canada’s largest Managing Underwriting Agencies. A leader in the Specialty Insurance industry, 100% Canadian owned. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization, our valued employees, our partners and clients.
Whether you’re starting your career or taking it to the next level, Premier offers a unique environment for you to grow & succeed. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Personal Lines, Calgary/Vancouver
POSITION: Underwriter (Personal Lines)
In this position you will underwrite and service our Personal Lines business, with a mandate to grow, and to develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with our brokers/agents. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Working towards or willingness to obtain CIP
- (BC & AB only) General Insurance Licence; preference will be given to those with a Level 2 licence
- Minimum of 2-4 years of personal lines underwriting
- Ability to select, underwrite and manage specialized personal lines
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Sound knowledge of insurance company relationships and the ability to apply this to the underwriting of an account
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Founded in 1989, Premier is head quartered in Vancouver, with 5 additional offices located across Canada - Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, and Calgary. With over 150 employees, Premier’s companies include Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and our unique specialty insurance products. www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you join a growing organization that’s focused on providing first class innovative insurance solutions! We will collaborate with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional health, medical, dental, vision care and life insurance; etc.