About Durabuilt Windows & Doors Inc.
Durabuilt Windows & Doors Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality windows and doors in Canada. Durabuilt has a wide range of products, including vinyl, aluminum, and fiberglass windows, as well as entry and patio doors for the residential segment. Durabuilt's products are designed to withstand harsh Canadian weather conditions and provide superior insulation, resulting in reduced energy costs and increased home comfort. Durabuilt has also expanded its product offering for the commercial segment. With over 35 years of experience in the industry, Durabuilt has earned a reputation for quality products and exceptional customer service.
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- INNOVATIVE. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- DRIVER. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- OWNERSHIP. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- CARING. For employees, partners, and the community.
- INDIVIDUAL. We work with great people and expect a lot from them.
- Support HR Managers in building Talent strategy.
- Proactively determine current and future needs, and seek market intelligence to gain a competitive advantage in attraction, assessment, and sourcing methodologies.
- Developing and leading a cohesive recruitment outreach and partnerships program to ensure Durabuilt maximizes its impact at career fairs and hiring events through a cohesive, consistent approach that strengthens our employer brand.
- Screen and sort resume. Act as a point of contact and build candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Perform pre-screen interviews as needed. Assess and qualify candidates in alignment with Durabuilt Values.
- Perform reference and criminal background checks.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to develop promotional materials with strong employer branding.
- Maintain a continuous pool of applicants to ensure proactive recruitment. Assess talent pools regularly and expand recruitment efforts as required.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job sites.
HR Operations 50%
- Create electronic documents for employee files ensuring confidentiality and legal requirements.
- Be a quality representative for the department.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Support with ad-hoc reporting.
- Enroll employees and maintain employee records for group benefits & EAP.
- Process day-to-day employee transactions on Avanti.
- Work on HR Projects from time to time, as assigned to you.
- Manage LMIA/Work Permit program.
Competencies – you’re good at:
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines. Stay on top of tactical execution.
- Business acumen and understanding of how to balance business needs and candidate experience.
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with a high volume workload with the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- High on integrity, ethics, and trustworthiness. Handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- High comfort level working autonomously and requiring little day-to-day oversight and direction.
- Good understanding of Employment Standard
Professional Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience working in HR.
- Experience recruiting using social media such as Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, headhunting, and career fairs.
- Good Understanding of HR operations.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with Manufacturing or Construction industry is a strong asset.
Educational Qualification & Certifications Requirements:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Related Field.
- Clear criminal background check.
- Operate primarily in an office environment.
- Use standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- Flexible schedule, occasional weekend work.
- Lifting and/or carrying anywhere from 0 lbs to 20 lbs.
- Intermittent travel to support the HR department and attend meetings.
- Pressure to produce tangible results and complete projects within tight timelines.
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Direct Reports: None
Send Us Your Resume
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith. Thank you to all those who apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a Graduate or Post-Graduate Degree in Human Resources Management?
- Manufacturing: 2 years (required)
- HR Generalist: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person