We are currently recruiting for a Life Cycle Support Specialist to join the Logistics team located in Calgary. If you meet the job requirements outlined below, and the answer to the following questions is yes, then we want to hear from you:
Do you possess a positive attitude, are a confident self-starter and enjoy being a member of a strong team?
Do you want to be part of an industry-leading organization?
Do you have excellent people and relationship building skills and see yourself as future leader?
Reporting to the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Department manager, you will perform life cycle material management for Avionic Equipment, Automated Test Equipment and Specialized Support Equipment. Using your strong analytical skills, you will perform reliability and maintainability analyses; analyze failure trends; initiate technical investigations and procurement activities; perform obsolescence reviews and maintain technical publications. Using your strong communication and organizational skills, you will also carry out special project task activities and be called upon to provide departmental representation at internal and customer-oriented meetings.
- Perform reliability and maintainability analyses
- Analyze failure trends
- Perform obsolescence reviews and procurement activities
- Conduct parts disposal and scrap activities
- Maintain technical publications
- Conduct airworthiness reviews, technical investigations, and analyses of system failures and recommend corrective action
- Action requests related to alternate parts approvals, unsatisfactory condition reports, special inspections, flight safety reports and pre-installation failures
- Lead special project management activities
- Provide internal and external departmental representation
- Minimum five years of relevant technician/engineering avionic/electrical component or systems maintenance experience
- Proficient in MS Office and business enterprise systems
- Excellent communication, organization and technical writing skills
- Minimum five years of logistics and life cycle management experience
- Understanding of logistic support and equipment reliability and maintainability concepts
- Certified Electronics Technologist (CET) or equivalent experience
- Familiar with Canadian Forces Supply System and ERP Systems
- Power-plant/ Avionics maintenance experience
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) certification
At Arcfield Canada, we offer:
- Hybrid working environment
- A competitive salary
- Benefits that include extended health, dental and vision coverage as well as a health care spending account
- An RRSP plan that includes company matching on contributions of up to 6 percent
- Continual learning opportunities and professional development training to grow your talent and realize your aspirations and potential
At Arcfield Canada, we work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. Come and join this highly motivated team of professionals and help us continue to set the standards of excellence in a field that offers both challenge and reward.
Arcfield Canada is a leading provider of complete life cycle management and in-service support of complex electronic military systems. Our experienced team provides a broad range of services to the Department of National Defence including Engineering Services, Logistics Support Analysis, Electronic Systems Maintenance and Repair, and long-range planning for full fleet support. For more than 30 years, Arcfield Canada has been a dedicated partner to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Visit us at www.Arcfield.ca to learn more.
All successful applicants must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Canadian Government Industrial Security Clearance.
Arcfield Canada requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada. Legitimate human rights-based exemption requests will be reviewed and accommodated to the point of undue hardship where applicable.
Arcfield Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2E8M4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- MANDATORY QUESTION - Are you eligible to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance that is required for this position? To be eligible, you must be a Canadian Citizen as well as have resided in Canada for 10+ years.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB T2E8M4