Blastworks is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to build and deliver new social gaming experiences with our Victoria, BC studio. Join us in building our next generation gameplay technologies; our team is rallying around a new metagame, updating and delivering it to multiple platforms with new interactive gameplay features. As a part of the team, you will employ best practices to develop optimized, documented and fun gaming experiences. Our drive is to deliver amazing new content and game mechanics across multiple games.
Our team is made up of highly motivated engineers who bring passion to deliver high quality user experiences. Our conduit is modern application design, and development best practices. You have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are a self-motivated developer that strives for team success!
Key Activities and Deliverables:
- Evolving our core technologies to provide best in class experiences and gameplay features
- Extending the usability and capabilities of our current architecture to support the needs of our growing feature set across multiple platforms and devices
- Improving and defining technical requirements, documentation and best practices
Qualified candidates must have:
- 3+ years developing with Client based technologies
- Knowledge of front-end software design and architecture best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
Preferred Candidates will have:
- PixiJS and HTML5 with modern CSS/SCSS
- Experience with SPA architecture
- Unity/C# or Phaser development and common game development skills (e.g. vectors, tweening libraries, and playing sounds)
- Client event handling with tools such as Socket.io
- Experience with modern art pipelines (TexturePacker, Spine 2D Skeletal animation)
- Practical experience with agile development practices
- Networked and server supported game development experience
- Social gaming experience as it pertains to casual MMOs, Facebook, etc.
Victoria, BC studio is located at 1207 Douglas St, Unit 601, Victoria, BC, V8W2E7, Canada. Please apply by email with your resume. No phone calls please.