InsureBC Underwriting Services Inc. is a Managing General Agent, based in Vancouver, BC. Writing business in both Personal Lines and Commercial Lines, the MGA has considerable experience and expertise to place business on behalf of brokers. InsureBC Underwriting Services Inc., is currently recruiting for the following position an Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter.
- Assist with growing a profitable book of business by offering exceptional underwriting service to BC Brokers
- Maintain compliance within established corporate guidelines and delegated underwriting authorities
- Perform risk analysis in order to quote, negotiate and authorize the acceptance of risks submitted to the MGA
- Work will comprise of a combination of new business / renewals and endorsements
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties
- Keep accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of commercial underwriting experience, preferably within an MGA
- Strong understanding of commercial underwriting practices and the ability to apply these day-to-day
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- The ability to deliver superior customer experiences and value in every Broker interaction
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills and a thorough approach to completing tasks
- A Chartered Insurance Professional designation (CIP) or are actively pursuing
- A broker license or the ability to become licensed with the Insurance Council of BC
- Previous commercial underwriting experience in non-standard property would be an asset
Part of the InsureBC Group; one of the largest insurance broker networks in British Columbia with over 90 locations. We offer a positive work environment, solid opportunity for personal growth as well as a competitive compensation package.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position, do not apply through indeed, instead send your resume to [email protected], referencing the position you are applying for in the subject line.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada for our Company. This posting will be up until filled, we appreciate your interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person