Expertec is a leading turnkey provider of van and truck outfitting in Western Canada, headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. We design and install custom equipment and accessories for industrial and commercial service vehicles including aluminum slide-in service bodies, Spacekaps, van shelving, flat decks, mobile lube skids, top quality truck caps and canopies.
We are adding a Business Development Manager to our team. This team member can work from either Edmonton, AB, Calgary, AB, or Greater Vancouver, BC.
To drive efficiencies in the fleet environment through the innovative solutions we deliver.
- Growth Minded; moving forward together, with innovation and enthusiasm.
- We Work Together; to exceed expectations
- Driven By Passion; to help our customers succeed.
- Culture Of Excellence; by upholding the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Caring For Each Other; by nurturing a positive work environment.
- Full time – Monday to Friday. Weekends off.
- Full Benefits after 90 days including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
Job Summary: Expertec is seeking a dynamic and experienced Business Development Manager to lead strategic business development initiatives across Western Canada that align with our VCP. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and developing the department, crafting and executing business development strategies, and fostering key relationships to support our three locations in Edmonton, Calgary, and the Greater Vancouver area. This role will require frequent travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Strategic Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy to drive growth and market penetration in Western Canada by promoting the company’s products or services to existing after prospective clients.
· Department Structure: Review and analyze existing department structure, initiatives and continue with proven methods. Define and document roles and processes to scale up.
· Manage, Administrate & Lead: As the team grows provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship.
· Relationship Building: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key partners, clients, and stakeholders.
· Market Analysis: Conduct market research to identify trends, opportunities, and threats, providing insights to inform decision-making.
· Sales Collaboration: Work closely with the Sales Manager and team to align sales efforts with business development strategies.
· Marketing Collaboration: Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure marketing initiatives support business development efforts.
· Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, business administration, communications, economics, sales management or a related field. An MBA is an asset.
· Proven track record of strategic business development with at least 5 years of progressive experience, preferably in the commercial fleet environment.
· Strong understanding of large business operations and market dynamics.
· Exceptional relationship-building and networking skills.
· Self-motivated with a results-driven mindset.
· Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
· Enthusiasm for the company, its purpose and values, and growth potential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Business development: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person