DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Mac Operators to ensure customer, manufacturing, and governmental requirements are met.
- Assist Mac Operators to develop and generate artwork from customer ideas, competitor samples, or from design concepts.
- Approve, code, and process external artwork invoices.
- Maintain artwork files and monitor costs from outside art houses to ensure Winpak receives competitive pricing.
- Answer technical questions from internal/external customers.
- Review and approve sales orders prior to forwarding documents to Production Control.
- Liaison between customers and printing department staff during press approvals.
- Conduct technical presentations and training for sales & marketing staff and customers.
- Promote teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within the department and Company. Interact with all levels of the operations in support of Winpak’s Quality programs.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner compliant with ISO 9001 and SQF 2000 standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, with formal training in printing/graphics.
- 1 to 3 years proven ability in a printing or a graphic arts environment is an asset.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/scheduling environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of graphic, office management software, and machine dieline reading.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Familiar with government regulations regarding food packaging.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge, and skills will be considered.
Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge, and skills will be considered.
Although we appreciate all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
1 - 3 years: printing or a graphic arts environment is an asset.