Above Ground Art Supplies began in 1983. We specialize in hard-to-find items, a haven for art students and professional artists alike within our 3 retail locations and online store.
We are currently seeking to hire a Graphic Designer, Marketing and Digital Content Specialist. If being exceptionally creative, thinking critically about design, and working across a variety of projects and social media piques your interest, this could be a job for you!
Reporting to the Marketing Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Design and layout of various marketing materials (online and in print flyers, brochures, sales advertisements, etc.)
* Sourcing, editing photos and descriptions for our website.
* Collaborate in maintaining and growing our social media presence (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Pinterest and Twitter)
* Executing promotions
* General maintenance and updates to the Above Ground website and online store as needed
* Aiding in the execution of promotions and sales events (both in store and online)
* Assist in planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, email, website, social media and display advertising.
* Analyze web traffic metrics.
- Proficient in: Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign …), Microsoft Suite, and WordPress.
- Degree/Diploma in graphic design and a strong artistic background.
- Ability to take initiative and contribute to a team environment
- Energetic, motivated, positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Is comfortable with small scale commercial digital photography and skilled at photo editing on a Windows operating system.
- Ability to work independently
- Some knowledge of art and art supplies
- Good experience working with HTML & CSS
- Ability to work well with deadlines
- Experience in a retail environment an asset
- In-house marketing/design team experience a plus
- Experience working with email marketing clients and social media platforms and creating original content (MailChimp) an asset
NOTE: Only applicants who submit a design portfolio will be considered.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000 annual
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Microsoft Office Suite
- HTML and CSS
- Graphic design: 1 year (preferred)
- Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop Indesign: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person