About the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Canada
The Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) is a global not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting environmentally sound, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world’s forests. FSC was created in 1993 to help consumers and businesses identify products from well-managed forests and sets standards by which forests are certified, offering credible verification to people who are buying wood and wood products. For more information visit www.ca.fsc.org
The Market Development Manager will lead the development and growth of FSC Chain of Custody certification and develop and transform supply chains by targeting key players and collaborating with them to become FSC-certified, implement effective action plans, including procurement policies on national and North American level.
This role will work with supply chain companies that produce or trade forest products - including packaging, paper, rubber, furniture, clothing, mass timber, building materials and more - that want to demonstrate a commitment to operating in an environmentally, economically, and socially responsible way.
- Develop and grow Chain of Custody certificate holders in Canada through targeted outreach and client service including education on the benefits of certification.
- Support, service and provide value to existing FSC’s 500+ CoC companies.
- Work collaboratively with the FSC Canada and international teams to learn, share and continuously look for ways to provide value to CoC certificate holders and new targets.
Supply Chain Development & Growth
- Define development strategy and goals for distinct supply chains (Solid Wood, Pulp & Paper, Packaging, Hygiene, Print).
- Map supply chains from forest area to consumer market.
- Initiate, drive and manage supply chain development activities and the development of FSC action plans for priority supply chains, in collaboration with relevant supply chain players.
- Coordinate and produce supply chain specific marketing and communication materials in collaboration with the other internal FSC e departments.
- Identify and manage external and internal communication channels with relevant value chains (e.g. events, campaigns, market news articles).
- Manage the implementation and coordination of partnerships/relationships between FSC and relevant value chain players.
- Target and represent FSC at market related events – including participation in presentations, panels etc.
Working with FSC International and the FSC Network
- Collaborate with FSC International and the FSC Network as appropriate and necessary.
- Maintain and build relationships with certificate holders and other stakeholders as it relates to certification and supply activities.
- Respond to requests and concerns from stakeholders about certification requirements in a timely and professional manner.
- At least 15 years of experience in sales, business development, marketing or related.
- Experience working in the Solid Wood, Pulp & Paper, Packaging, Hygiene, or Print supply chains.
- Knowledge of certification and/or the Forest Stewardship Council will be an asset.
- Understanding of business processes, issues and opportunities within different business sectors.
- Strengths includes initiative, goal oriented, self-starting, collaborative, organized and entrepreneurial.
- Proven sales development, client management and presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in oral and written English. Bilingual (English & French) will be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you familiar with FSC forest management or chain of custody certification?
- Business development, sales, marketing or related: 10 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-09-30