Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
What you will do...
- Underwrite and service IRCA and fleet rated commercial/farm auto accounts.
- Manage commercial/farm auto risk control procedures and objectives.
- Provide management with product and service initiatives being implemented by our competitors.
- Use front-line knowledge of the marketplace to assist management in the development of products, pricing and services that support our corporate market positioning strategies.
- Influence the implementation of commercial/farm auto, fleet and garage programs.
- Enhance junior underwriter and support staff’s understanding and knowledge of commercial/farm auto risks. Participate in, or provide training and development initiatives to constantly enhance the quality of decision making.
- Maintain accountability for the selection and rating of fleet and garage auto insurance transactions such as new business, endorsements, cancellations etc.
- Working within the defined limits of authority, consistently provide high quality underwriting decisions. Identify positive and negative trends in submissions being received and communicate findings to management.
- Participate in the roll out of effective marketing and distribution initiatives.
- Work with management and other departments to effectively implement defined strategies for broker/agent development. Attend broker events and corporate functions as required.
What you will bring...
- Three years of experience in automobile underwriting.
- High attention to detail.
- A team player with great communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service.
- Sales oriented.
- Post-secondary education working towards CIP designation.
- Three years of experience as a commercial automobile underwriter and proficient in Microsoft Excel is an asset.
- University degree and CIP designation or working towards it is preferred.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Mutual Insurance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.