Join our dynamic team with TNDC! You will report to the HR Manager. You will be responsible for helping to grow employee capacity within the company by working closely with leadership to identify training gaps. Develop and implement training plans with leadership to ensure maximum efficiency in employee training and development. In addition, develop a workplan to connect with youth in the Tahltan community to provide job coaching for opportunities within the company. This will expand your career within Training Development and Human Resources.
This position will provide senior level coordination and administrative support to activities designed to deliver the best experience for the employees of the organization. This role operates in an environment requiring a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy, as it provides significant support to the planning and delivery of the human resources activities, including staff development, engagement and recruitment. This role will develop, deliver, and maintain systems to support and enhance the complete employee lifecycle.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscape since you'll be travelling regularly within the territory of BC, such as Dease lake. A valid class 5 drivers license is required.
– Identify external funding opportunities to support training and development requirements across TNDC and TDNC partnerships.
– Working with TNDC managers, identify current and future TNDC staff training needs and logistics to successfully implement the training.
– Work in collaboration with TNDC partners to assist cross organizational training initiatives.
– Provide relevant reporting back to TNDC and any third-party funders.
– Working with other HR team members, develop career paths and development plans for all current TNDC staff (both individual and by job category).
– Work in partnership with TNDC Health and Safety to ensure all employees’ training and certification records are up to date.
– Develop a workplan to establish community engagement and relationships.
– Work with the Vice President of People and Corporate Culture on special projects as required.
– Partner with TCG for community-based programming that relates directly to TNDC’s current and future workforce requirements.
– Participate in relevant Career Fairs within the region that relate directly to TNDC’s current and future workforce requirements.
– Participate in relevant High School outreach programs and opportunities as they relate directly to TNDC’s current and future workforce requirements.
– Provide daily HR support and coaching to management and employees in areas related to HR policies, procedures and employee relations.
– Assist management in building an organizational culture based on trust, openness and accountability.
– Support recruitment activities by preparing or updating job descriptions, preparing job postings, conducting resume screening, coordinating interviews, facilitating interview processes, and completing reference checks.
– Coordinate and support onboarding by preparing offer letters, completing hiring packages, managing new hire paperwork and delivering onboarding orientations.
– Implement HR programs, policies and processes to ensure they are implemented in a manner that supports the organization’s strategic plan.
– Ensure legal compliance of HR provincial and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
– Contribute to the preparation and publishing of HR employee communication.
– Grade 12 supplemented with a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in human resources, and/or business management or a related field preferred.
– Prior experience working in the human resources field is preferred.
– Prior experience working directly with employees and/or Tahltan community members is required.
– Relevant traditional knowledge and work experience will be accepted in lieu of post-secondary education.
– Advanced knowledge of MS Office and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
Conditions of Employment
– Ability to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
– Willingness to sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
– Full disclosure of criminal record and current criminal record check.
– Valid class 5 Drivers’ License.
Please apply to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at TNDC; although only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Tahltan’s and Tahltan Associates are encouraged to apply.
TNDC does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting, to TNDC employees or any associated company location.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1.00 per year
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person