We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
We are looking for highly motivated Business Analysts to join our Claims System Transformation Value Stream which supports Group Benefits Operations.
Our dynamic team leads initiatives that implement and enhance new technologies across Group Benefits. Our primary goals include increasing straight through claims processing and improving customer experience. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the implementation of our claims system transformation as part of an agile squad. The Business Analyst will work in a customer-centric environment that ensures excellent service delivery for all internal and external clients. This role will be accountable for analyzing, documenting user stories & acceptance criteria, investigating and resolving issues, executing business acceptance testing, and change management activities.
· Fulfill the business analyst role as part of a high functioning agile squad on initiatives within the Claims System Transformation Value Stream to identify and assess business impacts and risks, solve complex issues, provide data driven recommendations on options, and help define end state of desired changes.
· Delivery of successful initiatives in a timely manner based on project objectives and success criteria.
· Identify and escalate key risks, issues and dependencies and provide potential options that align with the overall project objective.
· Proactively engage with stakeholders and SMEs to identify and document business requirements through user stories and acceptance criteria.
· Work collaboratively with our IT partners through the analysis, development, testing & implementation phases.
· Execute user acceptance testing including preparation of test plans, execution of test cases, documentation of results and filing of defects.
· Provide input into internal and external communications and user documentation.
· Measure the success of changes implemented through key performance indicators (KPIs) and user feedback.
· Support and contribute to overall project & initiative deliverables.
· Apply business analysis best practices.
· Support implementations & system rollout periods.
· Look for ways to improve/ streamline the way we work and how we service our customers and stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field will be an asset.
· At least 2 years of Business Analysis or consultant experience and a good understanding of business analysis methodologies, user acceptance criteria & workflow/process design.
· Good understanding of project management practices.
· Process modeling and analysis skills including but not limited to information gathering, gap analysis between current and future state along with root cause analysis.
· Thorough knowledge and experience with testing including creation of test plan and execution.
· Ability to identify continuous improvements through knowledge and understanding of analysis and the BA discipline.
· Ability to identify tasks and deliverables and provide estimates of your required effort.
· Proven experience in learning new products, technologies, and tools.
· Strong collaboration and team building skills.
· Excellent multitasking, prioritization, and time management skills.
· Aptitude and willingness to learn.
· Results oriented individual and an innovative, critical thinker.
· Understanding of Group Benefits claims business/operations is an asset.
· Adaptability/Flexibility: proven ability to modify own approach to meet changing expectations, situations, and priorities.
· Conceptual Thinking: ability to make the complex simple or link together things not obviously related.
· Problem Solving: identifies optimal solutions based on the analysis of causes and available data
· Planning: thinks through the details for implementing a course of action.
· Analytics Skills: Strong analytical skills with the ability to clean and interpret large datasets and incorporate external factors with the aptitude to relay details to stakeholders.
· Excellent Verbal and Written Communications: able to clearly communicate details such as the business requirements, requested changes, issues with impact assessment and recommendations.
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills with ability to make sound recommendations.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Experience working within Agile methodology is an asset.
What can we offer you?
· A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture.
· The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Salary range is expected to be between
$52,650.00 CAD - $87,750.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.