Location: Aurora, ON
Type: Full Time, Permanent, 100% In office position
Thank you for your interest and time in reviewing our open posting!
My name is Samantha Gowda-Singh and I am a Desjardins Insurance Agent looking for an energetic, driven and competitve sales professional interested in joining my team, helping our clients through value-based conversations and providing a truly remarkable client experience! If you are motivated, honest, indepenedent, and looking for a long-term career with a supportive team then this might just be the opportunity for you!
About Our Team & Office Space
- We help customers with their insurance and financial services needs, including Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Life Insurance, Business Insurance
- Our entire team works from our office location, and we recently moved to our new office space located in Aurora, ON
- We currently have 6 team members at our agency
- We hold monthly team meetings that include lunch, where we always support a local small business
- Beverage & snack station at the office included (e.g. coffee, tea, water)
- We love supporting our local community! e.g. participating in Chamber of Commerce events like the annual Street Festival & Home Show, donating to our local food banks.
- Provide efficient, and exceptional customer service each and every time you interact with a client
- Service can include responding to telephone, email or walk-in inquiries regarding insurance eligibility, coverages, changes, claim submissions and billing clarifications.
- Work with the team to establish sales goals that will contribute to the agency's growth and then executing on the plan laid out by the team to achieve these goals
- Complete administrative tasks as needed
- Property & Casualty OTL license (preferred/must be able to obtain within 1 month of a job offer)
- please note all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of the OTL license - learn more about the exam through the Insurance Institute of Ontario.
- Previous sales or customer service experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Proactive in problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to make presentations to potential customers
- strong typing speed
Compensation Package highlights:
- Base salary starting at $42,000
- increase to $44,000/year, after successful completion of probationary period (6 months) as well as obtaining OTL license OTL
- Employee benefits
- Uncapped income earning potential through sales commissions and incentives
- Paid training
- Paid vacation (starting at 3 weeks/year)
- Paid personal days
- Paid sick days
These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.
Samantha Gowda-Singh - Desjardins Insurance Agent
Company Website: www.gowdasingh.com