Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
GGC is actively searching for 2 to 3 temporary Community Outreach Event Representatives
*Work Location: Kelowna, Kamloops and Vernon, BC (various locations)
About this Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading girl-driven organization in a role that is critical to unleashing the organization’s potential to grow. Reporting to the Team Lead, Member Growth this role supports membership growth in BC by representing GGC at key events in the Kelowna, Kamloops and Vernon area to recruit new adult and girl members. Community Outreach Event Representatives will play a crucial role in ensuring accountability for event success to meet our strategic growth objectives.
This is a short-term contract role for the following dates and event (schedule may be subject to changes):
Funtastic Music Fest
WestSide Daze Festical
Kelowna Block Party
Kamloops Pride Week
Children's Arts Festival
Thompson Rivers University Fall Open House
*Additional hours may be required to facilitate event set up, tear down and other activities to prepare for the events.
In this role, you will.
· Represent GGC to new audiences at local community events held at various locations and maintain brand integrity.
· Manage booth activation by providing information and education about GGC’s programming, opportunities for girls, and volunteering information for adults through activities such as: brochure distribution; engaging attendees in discussions around programming and initiatives; provide information on how to register or how to volunteer; and answer queries or direct to other volunteers and/or GGC staff as needed.
· Collect information of potential leads through designated methods prepared by GGC.
· Work in collaboration with GGC volunteers supporting the events.
· Transport equipment to and from storage location and event venue.
· Conduct set-up and tear down at event venue within the venue’s specified guidelines and following the GGC booth design.
· Gather data from the event and conduct, monitor and evaluate to report on each event with qualitative and quantitative data.
· Perform other duties as required to support the event.
· Communicate regularly with the Member Growth Coordinator, BC.
· Apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to provincial projects and event processes, communication and customer queries.
· Other duties as assigned.
You are the ideal candidate if you have:
· Related post-secondary education or relevant work experience in recruitment, promotions, events, marketing or sales-related activities.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
· Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
· Ability to work independently, and with a team.
· Mandatory condition of employment for this role: valid Canadian driver’s license in good standing.
· Access to your own vehicle to transport equipment to/from storage to event venues
· Experience in Membership-based organizations, Associations or Non–profit organizations
· Experience working with volunteers
· Knowledge of Girl Guides of Canada
· Ability to travel, if required, up to 2.5 hours’ distance to events in designated locations within the region.
Starting Salary: $21.00 per hour
If this sounds like a job tailor-made for you, apply today! Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) to: Simon Bain, Talent Acquisition Specialist at HR@ girlguides.ca. Reference to position title in subject line of email.
This position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. Please note that GGC accepts all genders for job applications. We encourage all candidates to apply, even if they do not meet all the job requirements.
GGC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups. GGC welcomes girls and women – cisgender and transgender – as well as non-binary people who are comfortable in spaces that focus on and are driven by the experience of girls.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available accommodations during the recruitment process. Please note we do not require applicants to identify as a person with disability, or to disclose their disability, to request or access accommodation. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR @girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
Work Location: In person