In business since 1960, FCC Construction is an open shop, multi-trade, specialty contractor serving Atlantic Canada. FCC’s three main operating divisions include: Construction Management, Electrical Contracting and Communication Cabling.
This position is within the general contracting/construction management division of FCC Construction. The project manager position is responsible for planning and supervising a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction management processes and ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time, according to specifications and without exceeding budget.
- Pre-construction planning, tendering and scope development assistance.
- Issuing subcontracts and purchase orders,
- Planning and managing on-site construction activities daily which includes project co-ordination, scheduling, material requisitioning and cost control
- Maintaining project financial status through effective cost reporting and tracking, including change management.
- Assisting project superintendents with supervision and coordination of direct labour and subcontractors to effectively meet schedule milestones.
- Recognizing key issues and acting in a timely manner to expedite solutions both internally and externally
- Representing the organization in a professional, positive manner when in contact with clients and consultants
- Planning maintaining project schedules on all projects to ensure project schedules are adhered to
- Conducting regular project meetings with both clients and project personnel (internal and external)
- Effectively utilizing technology to optimize productivity and efficiency
- Assisting the internal estimating department through budgeting and proposal development assistance for construction projects throughout Atlantic Canada, which may involve occasional travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Civil or Mechanical engineering background required (Degree or diploma from an accredited institution).
- Minimum (5) years experience working as a project manager in the general contracting or construction management sector.
- Industrial project management experience would be considered an asset.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Project, Project cost control software and project management software required.
- Experience with BIM and 3D model use would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills are required
- Desire to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and customer-focused environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with individuals of various disciplines
- A team player with the desire to work collaboratively with others to improve existing processes
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, FCC offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and team celebratory events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.