As an Account Manager, working with the Sales Team and under the direction of the Senior Account Manager (Team Lead), you will help plan, lead and guide the growth, renewal and servicing of accounts to contribute to the continued growth and operation of the brokerage. Your primary role will be to perform the renewal of the assigned customers (Book of Business) and provide mentorship to the rest of the team.
- Maintain a positive and proactive working relationship with keep stakeholders in the renewal system, and
- follow all CMB procedures, forms, checklists and workbooks as outline in the CMB Renewal System;
- pre-Renewal activities, Customer Updates, Marketing and Renewal presentations must be completed on time as per company policy;
- cross-sell or up-sell other products and services the brokerage offers to new and existing clients;
- coverage review checklists must be performed on an annual bases as per the CMB Renewal System;
- build marketing relationships with CMB designated underwriters, maintain a positive and proactive relationship with underwriting, always putting the client’s needs first.
- Be familiar with and follow company policies and procedures as established (Employee Handbook, Renewal Procedure, Claims Procedures, Collections and AR Procedures, etc.) and
- respond to and address all client inquiries and requests in a timely manner;
- assist the Sales Team in the collection of deposit premiums, premiums, and finance deposits and contracts on behalf of the brokerage;
- assist the Sales Team in the collection of all outstanding underwriting requests from customers
- constantly obtain and share underwriting information required;
- maintain, update, and organize all data - electronic & paper filing systems utilized by the department/organization;
- prepare customer account reconciliations for accounting inquiries;
- provide clear instructions to CSR and Processing team for all transactions;
- Request cancellation on all overdue/unpaid accounts;
Knowledge & Skills:
- Level 2 Licensed Insurance Agent
- member of or currently working towards the C.I.P. or CAIB designation
- 4-7 years experience in a commercial account management role
- 3-4 years’ experience with in a team environment in a customer service position
- experience with Agency Manager, Microsoft Office Suite or comparable computer systems
- Report any problems on potential lost accounts before occurrence to the Senior Account Manager (Team Lead);
- report all potential bad debts immediately to the Senior Account Manager (Team Lead);
- take all steps to prevent Errors & Omissions, and report any potential E&O to the Senior Account Manager (Team Lead);
- supervise and check the processing of the Customer Service Representatives to ensure accuracy;
- mentor and provide training assistance to department Customer Service Representative
- Attend & participate in Account Manager/CSR Meetings, general staff meetings, company functions;
- abide by and adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual;
- utilize the Agency Manager, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, ISNet World programs;
- and other related duties as assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of Commercial Insurance experience do you have?
- Do you hold an Alberta Insurance License?
Work Location: In person