Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the Development Manager.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will have proven experience leading the creation, optimization, maintenance, and management of a rich, and immersive website driven by dynamic content and features. The developer will join our software development team and work closely with the marketing team to deliver tools and features, with a focus on a premium visitor experience, and producing engaging online shopping tools.
What you will do:
- Lead the development of customer-centric online tools and features for our dealership websites.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and third-party vendors to develop and maintain customer-facing tools that meet our premium brand and usability standards.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain our customer-facing dealership websites, including plugin releases, patches, and new deployments.
- Ensure all front-end development meets or exceeds the latest accessibility standards and regulations of the web platforms, including WordPress and WordPress plugins; and work to secure affected sites and platforms quickly and as needed.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and development of secondary web-based platforms such as mobile apps and new marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate new digital and web-based tools, platforms, and emerging technologies and make recommendations for implementation or adoption as appropriate.
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing and establishing cooperative working relationships with staff, external clients, and contractors.
- 1-4 years of experience with full-stack development using front-end and server-side technologies (HTML, PHP, MySQL, AWS, Docker, Git).
- Completed post-secondary education related to computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience in website development
- Ability to program under different constraints: Contributing to long-term strategic projects while positively contributing to last-minute fixes and short-term solutions.
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing practices (SEO, analytics, category, tag management, etc.)
- Experience turning wireframes and Adobe XD mockups into dynamic, living websites.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git), A/B, and unit testing.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser, cross-platform development, Google Analytics, and traffic-measuring methods.
- Solid working knowledge of web servers and database-driven website development.
- Ability to understand and apply brand standards and stay current with new development trends, languages, and frameworks.
- Valid 5F driver's license and own transportation to and from work
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include three state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and we offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community but also for our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement, and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodation is available to applicants with disabilities upon request. Please email your request to: [email protected]