Foodservice Manager, Channel Marketing
Reports To: Senior Director, Channel Marketing
Location: Mississauga, ON, or other locations may be considered
The Foodservice Manager, Channel Marketing is responsible for supporting Canada’s domestic beef marketing strategy for increasing demand, client confidence and competitive position in the Canadian marketplace. This individual will have significant foodservice industry experience and the ability to bring center-of-plate knowledge and understanding into the overall department strategy. The Foodservice Manager, Channel Marketing works closely with the Executive Vice President, Senior Director of Channel Marketing, channel marketing specialists, processors, and end-user clients in Canada.
The Foodservice Manager, Channel Marketing will:
- Support in the development of Canada Beef’s overall channel marketing strategy.
- Understand Canada's foodservice landscape, competitive opportunities, and challenges.
- Leverage existing foodservice industry knowledge to bolster Canada Beef programs.
- Provide insight on foodservice-specific ideas (e.g., menu ideas, promotional opportunities, etc.)
- Utilize current expertise to think of new, creative, strategic ways to support foodservice operators.
- Possess existing connections with foodservice distributors, operators, and other sector stakeholders.
- Plan and execute Canada Beef channel trade show activations with key partners.
- Assist in the development of relevant, creative, high-impact trade advertising.
- Maintain CRM-related data surrounding interactions with foodservice stakeholders.
- Coordinate with end-user clients to facilitate requests from approval through execution.
- Manage printing and logistics of foodservice-specific Canada Beef resources for partners.
- Build relationships with partners (e.g., procurement teams, foodservice operators, distributors, etc.).
QUALIFICATION AND KEY SKILLS:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Proficiency in center-of-plate knowledge and trends in a foodservice setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of beef primals, subprimals, and foodservice cuts.
- Awareness of beef merchandising techniques across sectors (retail, foodservice, etc.).
- Comprehension of the overall protein category in foodservice.
- Passion for the beef industry, with the ability to serve as a strong category advocate.
- Demonstrable track record of success in building/maintaining relationships with key contacts.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills across stakeholder groups.
- Self-starter (proactive), capable of multi-tasking and being detail-conscious.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Travel and Location Requirements:
- Domestic travel is required for this position
- Travel will vary averaging 25%
- May require travel and/or work on weekends
- Preferred location is the GTA; other locations may be considered.
Work on behalf of Canadian beef and veal farmers and ranchers
Canada Beef provides market development, promotion and consumer marketing programs and services for the Canadian beef and veal industry. Canada Beef is a non-profit organization funded through cattle producer check-off, import levy and government industry development programs. Canada Beef delivers programs through offices in Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, and Taiwan.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-08