Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Marketing Department
located at our head office in Richmond, BC
currently has an opportunity for:
Content Marketing - Social Specialist
The Social Specialist is responsible for developing content to tell the story of London Drugs’ market differentiation, products, and service offerings across customer facing touchpoints. The successful candidate will support the social media channels, to increase audience engagement, to drive measurable sales growth for the business. The role is also the voice of London Drugs, requiring not only pushing content to audiences, but also engaging with customers and followers in a dialogue to transform visitors into life-long customers and advocates for the brand. This role will collaborate with marketing, merchandising and customer care teams to ensure that content is consistent with brand and messaging and customer interactions are addressed or escalated where necessary.
The Social Specialist will research and develop inspiring content for multiple social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, LinkedIn etc.), and owned channels (website, in-store digital signage, and emails) that adds value and communicates the differentiation of London Drugs. This role requires an ability to communicate strongly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
As with all positions, this person embodies the core essence of the London Drugs Brand Framework by always going above and beyond the expected.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Research and provide recommendations regarding best practices for content for our social channels.
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of content for channels and processes including:
- Develop initiatives to increase engagement rates
- Development of creative briefs
- Pitch and present ideas and concepts to senior team members
- Build and maintain an editorial and content calendar
- Work in tandem with the media team to ensure content objectives align
- Create beneficial content not currently created by agencies or 3rd parties
- Lead of collaboration sessions with internal partners and agencies
- Monitor, listen and respond to users while cultivating new followers
- Work closely in a cross-functional marketing department for the timely execution of all social media plans, including Creative, Media, PR, Merchandising and Retail Operations
- Manage moderation and collaborate with London Drugs’ Customer Care Centre to address comments, complaints, and inquiries.
- Support morning and end of day sentiment and activity summaries.
- Measure and report monthly on engagement and sales activity.
- Ensure content and assets are on brand and follow approved brand framework and standards.
- Ability to attend events and stores throughout the Lower Mainland as required.
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff & management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills to create compelling copy that reflects the company’s brand voice and encourages action.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once while respecting associated deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- 2 years creating and managing significant social communities.
- Experience managing brand accounts across all major social media platforms.
- Experience using social media management software for managing content scheduling, monitoring, and responding to customer interactions in real-time.
- Proven experience measuring content performance through social platforms, tools, and Google Analytics, to create and present formal reporting.
- Strong understanding of social channel and audience strategy, ensuring appropriate content formats and copy is executed uniquely by channel.
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite to create content and graphics across various formats such as video, animation, and stills. Fluency in software and tools should include Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to set up and execute paid amplification across social channels is considered an asset.
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
If you are a well-organized, self-motivated, individual who has a positive attitude and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
London Drugs is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are committed to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
London Drugs may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information (including the information in this application) where it is reasonable for establishing, managing or terminating an employment relationship. This includes the use or disclosure of your personal information to persons inside or external to our organization, for the purpose of checking references or gathering other information to support an assessment of your candidacy.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any sensitive details about your identity (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on any unverified website, or website you do not trust.