We may be biased, but eHealth Saskatchewan is the place to be right now! As the result of a province wide consolidation of IT services in the health care sector, we have seen substantial growth in our organization that is only going to increase as we aim to meet our expanded mandate and the immense need for our support. This gives our people a unique and rare opportunity to truly create, build, improve, and leave their mark on a growing organization.
A large and complex organization, eHealth is comprised of 30+ clinical and non-clinical program (service) areas that all work together to support health care providers and teams across the province in delivering the best possible care to patients, providers, citizens, and health system users. Programs range from primary care to acute care, and includes laboratories, pharmaceuticals, and diagnostics. Additional programs that also support patient care and information include Virtual Care, the MySaskHealthRecord, and the Provincial Electronic Health Record. eHealth is also responsible for the administration of various pieces of legislation to manage the registration of/changes to all vital event records (e.g. birth, marriage, death, etc.), registration of legal name changes, registration of adoptions, and for maintaining the provincial health registry for health services eligibility and distribution of health services cards.
The eHealth teams engage directly with health system partners and other stakeholders both provincially and federally to ensure all services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
About the role:
This position reports to the Manager - Deskside Operations Rural North. eHealth Saskatchewan is seeking a customer focused, highly motivated, energetic team member for its Deskside Services team. The Deskside Analyst provides ongoing support to more than 1500+ computer users and solves a wide range of workstation, mobile device, and printing problems reported by users within eHealth Saskatchewan, the Ministry of Health and Regional Health Authorities.
Typical Daily Duties:
The Deskside Analyst will supply, install, and maintain the workstation, print/imaging, and mobile services eHealth provides. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting issues for computer workstations, printers, installed software and smart devices and resolve these issues within given time constraints determined by service levels.
Our team members participate in an after-hours standby rotation to provide operations and support for service availability 24/7.
The position requires the incumbent to be physically fit with the ability to lift and move computers and peripherals between 50 and 65 pounds. Stooping, bending, and crawling under desks may be required on occasion.
Travel within the province is required for this position, you will need to show proof of having a class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle in order to meet requirements for the role.
To qualify for this position you will have knowledge and/or experience in the following:
- Computer hardware: Windows based PC's, and Laptops, iPads, Windows and Android tablets;
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS, Android and RIM;
- Desktop productivity applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Internet Explorer;
- Networked and local printers, scanners and fax machines;
- MS Configuration Manager (SCCM/SMS);
- Trouble tracking software tool; and
- ITIL or ITSM framework and processes.
The knowledge and skills required for this position would be attained through the completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Systems Technology supplemented with 3 years of working within an integrated support environment.
You will be:
- Analytical, attentive to detail and organized to ensure accuracy and efficiency in your work;
- Proactive, diplomatic and respectful in communicating and building positive work relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexible, organized and quick to learn in order to independently prioritize and organize own workload to meet tight deadlines and successfully complete projects in a changing environment;
- Service oriented, patient, honest, and respectful/tactful;
- Thorough, reliable, disciplined, organized, and strong attention to detail; and
- Creative, logical, and have a strong motivation for continuous improvement and learning.
Customer Service Orientation:
- Ability to anticipate or determine customer needs by truly listening to them, understanding their business, and communicating with them regularly.
- Ability to demonstrate the use and value of new technology, programs and services in a manner that creates understanding, captures interest and enhances user’ computer skills
- Ability to independently interpret, comprehend and apply technical instructions and concepts to successfully acquire, install, modify, configure and maintain hardware and software components and administer networks
- Ability to diagnose technical problems such as delays, malfunctions and errors in order to determine the true cause of the problem and provide a solution in a reasonable time frame
- Ability to work independently and participate as a team member to meet the needs of clients and co-workers and to build productive, positive work relationships
- Ability to independently prioritize and organize one’s own workload to meet tight deadlines and successfully complete projects in a changing environment
- Ability to identify, explore and evaluate options on data, processes and methodologies, information technology and potential systems design to make feasible recommendations
- Ability to design new or adapt existing systems/application taking into account design alternatives, business requirements, and cost, resource and time constraints
- Logical and methodical, organized, reliable, honest, accountable and disciplined, adaptable/flexible, thorough, concise, and detail oriented, team player, diplomatic and tactful.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for to challenge yourself and display your abilities –Then we would love to hear from you, and encourage you to apply now.
SGEU Level – SIT08
Anticipated Start Date: October 2023
We are committed to workplace diversity.