An Hourly position that focuses on the day to day activities in the kitchen. Performing as a kitchen helper in the restaurant and in banquets. Assists the cooks in all areas of the kitchen including food production, waste control, standards and kitchen sanitation. Position assists in ensuring guest and associate satisfaction is achieved while maintaining the operating Standards.
- 1-2 years culinary experience preferred in a restaurant environment and an intent to pursue a culinary apprenticeship
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of kitchen operational procedures
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements and food handling safety standards
- Have a good understanding of food cost and waste control
- Good customer and associate relation skills
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certifications as required to comply with local Health codes
- Principle role will be to ensure that the breakfast buffet is ready for service and that it is constantly replenished during service
- Ensure production and preparation of culinary items, minimizing waste and over production, ensuring line is operational at opening time/service time, with production at the required level in accordance to specifications.
- Ensure all production required is up to date prior to days off and that a task list is left for the next shift
- Opens and closes kitchen shifts and ensures completion of assigned duties.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards
- Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Orders appropriate supplies for the area of operation with supervisor.
- Ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Actively supports railroad-cleaning schedules; follow cleaning schedules and keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
- Communicates areas in need of attention and follows up with supervisor.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Empowers self to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $23.46-$26.81 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Culinary: 1 year (required)
- Hotel: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person