THE POWER TO RESPOND AND BE HEARD:
Our Victoria, British Columbia office has been a center of engineering excellence since its founding in 1938. For over 80 years, we have been a trusted provider of LMR communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Now we are applying those standards of excellence to build and deliver interoperable end-to-end command & control systems across multiple industries and international markets. Headquartered in Redmond, WA, USA, with centers of engineering excellence in Victoria, BC, Canada, and Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Zetron currently has over 40,000 console positions, hundreds of established partners and value-added resellers, and coverage in more than 100 countries. Zetron is an established global leader in connecting communications centers with field operations, personnel, and constituents.
Our networked radio systems and critical communications systems are developed in-house, including hardware, firmware, software, and user interface layers. The software stack primarily consists of C/C++, and Python running on an embedded Linux platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Zetron, you will be an important team member working on our next generation low power radio communications product, and contributing to the on-going improvement and development of new and existing products. We are looking for people who want to work collaboratively with a team on mission-critical software to deliver high-value changes in an iterative fashion.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent education, or experience in a
- relevant field
- 5+ years professional experience working in a firmware heavy environment
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience working with Linux (bonus points for familiarity with Yocto or RTOS)
- Experience designing and implementing device drivers for (for Linux or RTOS)
- Experience working with or developing automated testing for embedded devices
- Experience working with streaming or in a real time environment
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing
- Working knowledge of UDP/TCP and IP Networking
- Ability to contribute to requirements analysis and systems architecture design
- Familiarity with IDE’s, version control systems, build and configuration management, and other development tools
Bonus Points if you have any of the following:
Previous experience with:
- LMR (Land Mobile Radio)
- Virtualization, containerization, or embedded systems design
- Scrum or Agile development context
- Azure DevOps
- RF and P25 or other radio compliance standards
- CANBUS or other differential serial communications.
- PCB layout and design
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- You are tenacious and love continuous improvement, with proven success at digging deep to find solutions to tough problems
- You have an eye towards optimizing performance and improving product quality
- You enjoy learning and sharing ideas with other like-minded folks and mentoring new engineers
- You are a quick study who can understand and explain complex systems
- You care about the products you develop and are committed to a high standard of quality and long-term code quality
BENEFITS AND CULTURE:
At Zetron, we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas. We are located near beautiful downtown Victoria in the newly restored Press Building with modern office space built for collaboration!
As a full-time employee, you will have access to a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthcare & Wellness Spending Account
- Company matched retirement savings program
- Short-term incentive plan
- Training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Are you currently legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Where are you currently located? If not in Victoria, are you willing to relocate and what would your timeline look like?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Victoria, BC V8T 4M2